Help!!! EMERGENCY GUYS!

My baby is chewing his water dish. First was when i noticed a rock in his poop. This is the second time(see attachment).Need help!

Attachments

• 20220923_191128.jpg
    20220923_191128.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 99
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
My baby is chewing his water dish. First was when i noticed a rock in his poop. This is the second time(see attachment).Need help!

Hello, first of all how old is he? Does he have loose substrate, because if he does youngsters will a lot of the time ingested it and can be very very bad, is he’s tank the right size? He could be getting bored and that’s resulting in him chewing the bowl, does he maybe think it’s food? You might wanna try and get a different bowl and see if it’s just because of the colour or there is something else that is making this happen. I’m not an expert or anything but these are just a few things that are possible.

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Hello, first of all how old is he? Does he have loose substrate, because if he does youngsters will a lot of the time ingested it and can be very very bad, is he’s tank the right size? He could be getting bored and that’s resulting in him chewing the bowl, does he maybe think it’s food? You might wanna try and get a different bowl and see if it’s just because of the colour or there is something else that is making this happen. I’m not an expert or anything but these are just a few things that are possible.
Substrate: reptile carpet
Enclosure: 38L storegae box with acrylic glass front
Thats his water dish. Im so worried cause yesterday he pooped a piece of that and i thought that was the last time he did and this time caught him chewing it and i removed his water dish

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Substrate: reptile carpet
Enclosure: 38L storegae box with acrylic glass front
Thats his water dish. Im so worried cause yesterday he pooped a piece of that and i thought that was the last time he did and this time caught him chewing it and i removed his water dish
Please leave it out -- what supplements are you feeding? This is usually a sign of not getting something in the diet--- what are you feeding? What type of UVB are you using? coil or a long tube fixture? This is what helps absorb / synthesize the calcium hes eating -- basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? Digital probe thermometers are the best to get accurate surface basking temps-- for a baby 105-110-- they storage box is a 10 gallon? If so he needs a tank of at least 20 gallon to get correct basking temps - anything smaller is too hard to get --- I recommend getting him into a 40 gallon for now but hes going to need a 4x2x2 tank by the time hes a year old ---

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Please leave it out -- what supplements are you feeding? This is usually a sign of not getting something in the diet--- what are you feeding? What type of UVB are you using? coil or a long tube fixture? This is what helps absorb / synthesize the calcium hes eating -- basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? Digital probe thermometers are the best to get accurate surface basking temps-- for a baby 105-110-- they storage box is a 10 gallon? If so he needs a tank of at least 20 gallon to get correct basking temps - anything smaller is too hard to get --- I recommend getting him into a 40 gallon for now but hes going to need a 4x2x2 tank by the time hes a year old ---
No supllements given. I feed him dubia roachea for staple and mix veggies on the weekends. Im using coil uvb light for the mean time, his enclousre is not yet done, planning toget the tube type once i can get the enclosure i ordered and he is basking on 39-43°C temperature

What supplements do i need so that i dont get any problems in the future? Do i get the reptile calcium powder with d3 or without d3?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No supllements given. I feed him dubia roachea for staple and mix veggies on the weekends. Im using coil uvb light for the mean time, his enclousre is not yet done, planning toget the tube type once i can get the enclosure i ordered and he is basking on 39-43°C temperature

What supplements do i need so that i dont get any problems in the future? Do i get the reptile calcium powder with d3 or without d3?
For a 4 month old he needs calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding -- dusted lightly on the insects -- this would be a good reason hes eating the water bowl -- he needs fresh salads every day I recommend getting him some BSFL order large from here www.symtonbsf.com you will need a bowl like this Amazon.com
use the BSFL as lures to the salad drop them in the salad in front of him -- feed as many as you want they are a great staple feeder and a good compliment to the roaches --- do not dust the BSFL they are calcium enriched-- in order for him to absorb his calcium he needs correct UVB and the coil is not going to do that I recommend you get this NOW and not wait -- a 24" fixture Zoo Med use the 5.0 bulb FOR NOW till you move him into a bigger tank then you will need to get the 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb -- at this time your dragon is not getting the proper UVB he needs to be healthy ---
www.petmountain.com -
Nutrition Content
Ignore the kale info its outdated and is a great staple feeder - please get him on salads right away or there will be a issue when he needs to be fed that for most of his diet -- that will change at a year old -- please dust the insects w/ vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 X per week ONCE per feeding ---

shakeroll123

Original Poster
For a 4 month old he needs calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding -- dusted lightly on the insects -- this would be a good reason hes eating the water bowl -- he needs fresh salads every day I recommend getting him some BSFL order large from here www.symtonbsf.com you will need a bowl like this Amazon.com
use the BSFL as lures to the salad drop them in the salad in front of him -- feed as many as you want they are a great staple feeder and a good compliment to the roaches --- do not dust the BSFL they are calcium enriched-- in order for him to absorb his calcium he needs correct UVB and the coil is not going to do that I recommend you get this NOW and not wait -- a 24" fixture Zoo Med use the 5.0 bulb FOR NOW till you move him into a bigger tank then you will need to get the 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb -- at this time your dragon is not getting the proper UVB he needs to be healthy ---
www.petmountain.com -
Nutrition Content
Ignore the kale info its outdated and is a great staple feeder - please get him on salads right away or there will be a issue when he needs to be fed that for most of his diet -- that will change at a year old -- please dust the insects w/ vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 X per week ONCE per feeding ---
The bsfl is not available in the philippines. Would these help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220923-203954_Shopee.jpg
    Screenshot_20220923-203954_Shopee.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20220923-203945_Shopee.jpg
    Screenshot_20220923-203945_Shopee.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20220923-203732_Lazada.jpg
    Screenshot_20220923-203732_Lazada.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 50

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The bsfl is not available in the philippines. Would these help?
Yes but you dont need the electrolyte soak -- what can you get for worms in the phillipines? Horn worms ? Super worms? NO meal worms as of now--- they are too much risk for impaction --

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Yes but you dont need the electrolyte soak -- what can you get for worms in the phillipines? Horn worms ? Super worms? NO meal worms as of now--- they are too much risk for impaction --
We have superworms byt last time i check here superworms is bot a good staple since it can caise impaction

Beardie name(s)
Smaug
I found a bsfl here in philippines, they sell live bsfl. Bsfl diet contains pig poop and vegetable scraps. Is this for bearded dragons?
BSFL is great for beardys, and it’s good that you took the water dish out if he starts to act weird or not poop for a while take him to the vet, just have to watch out for that because if he’s pooping bits of the water dish out they could lead to impaction but if he’s pooping them out that’s a good sign, the BSFL eat vegetables scrapes/ or just some carrot ( that’s what I was feeding mine anyway)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom