Help can’t get my viv temp up…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slou83

Hello,

My Son asked for a beardy for Christmas he’s great with all animals and I have no doubt he will take great care of it. He bought all the equipment recommended from pets at home and I’m supposed to be collecting it this afternoon but I can’t get the basking temp above 27 degrees despite the thermostats being set to 35 degrees …
I have the mini stat 100 with a glow light and a D3 basking light 80w….
I’ve read a lot online today that states the mini stat 100 is only for heat Mats but we were specifically told to buy this? Can anyone advise me please?

Attachments

• 1431AF88-9659-45AA-A9EC-60EDCF3C6674.jpeg
    1431AF88-9659-45AA-A9EC-60EDCF3C6674.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 141

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello,

My Son asked for a beardy for Christmas he’s great with all animals and I have no doubt he will take great care of it. He bought all the equipment recommended from pets at home and I’m supposed to be collecting it this afternoon but I can’t get the basking temp above 27 degrees despite the thermostats being set to 35 degrees …
I have the mini stat 100 with a glow light and a D3 basking light 80w….
I’ve read a lot online today that states the mini stat 100 is only for heat Mats but we were specifically told to buy this? Can anyone advise me please?
Please post a pic of the whole tank and the lighting -- we are going to need to start from scratch --- I have a feeling the whole set up is not correct and your going to have issues w/ the dragon if it does not have the correct lighting --- this is the MOST important things in this tank --- it will control his overall health and behavior --

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Tha

Thank you
You need a digital probe thermometer to get those temps --- stick ons are inaccurate and I would not put in a higher wattage bulb till you get a actual basking temp -- you do not want to burn the dragon up--- you need correct lighting in the tank or your dragon will quit eating along w/ those temps

Slou83

Original Poster
Thank you! I’ve read on line my combo lamp can’t be used with a thermostat 🙈 dragon in and looks happy but that won’t last long so I’ve disconnected the thermostat and will drive back to the shop as soon as I’ve collected my children. If I just leave the basking light on I assume he will move when he gets too hot until I can rectify this? Absolutely shocking that a a shop with so called experts sold me this as a compete set up 🤷🏽‍♀️

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you! I’ve read on line my combo lamp can’t be used with a thermostat 🙈 dragon in and looks happy but that won’t last long so I’ve disconnected the thermostat and will drive back to the shop as soon as I’ve collected my children. If I just leave the basking light on I assume he will move when he gets too hot until I can rectify this? Absolutely shocking that a a shop with so called experts sold me this as a compete set up 🤷🏽‍♀️
It happens all the time -- some pet store people are good some are terrible --- we are here tho to get this fixed -- we need to go over all of your lighting UVB basking bulb what your using for gauges etc -- please post on here what you have and are using now

Slou83

Original Poster
I’m not sure how well you can see? I literally just have the basking light now I’ve removed the stat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 78

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I’m not sure how well you can see? I literally just have the basking light now I’ve removed the stat.
Ok I see the basking lamp -- what brand and bulb --- where is the UVB? Inside the tank ? I need the brand and bulb please look on the bulb if you dont have the box - you need two digital probes for thermometers-- is the tank cut in half right now ? I see one side that is dark -- and I would get rid of the sand -- it can cause impaction and it harbors bacteria -- you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank you can get it from your local home improvement store-----are you in the states?

Slou83

Original Poster
Ok I see the basking lamp -- what brand and bulb --- where is the UVB? Inside the tank ? I need the brand and bulb please look on the bulb if you dont have the box - you need two digital probes for thermometers-- is the tank cut in half right now ? I see one side that is dark -- and I would get rid of the sand -- it can cause impaction and it harbors bacteria -- you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank you can get it from your local home improvement store
It’s a D3 basking lamp with UVA and UVB I’ll attach a photo it’s 80 W

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 66

Slou83

Original Poster
Ok it is sand again as recommended 🙈🙈 I see one spot has the liner though but that’s the cooler side and he doesn’t really go over there…

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so lets ask CooperDragon about this UVB he is more of a expert w/ the MVB's than I am I will flag the post so he can help here too -- but please get the digital probe thermometers they look like this Zoo Med Digital Thermometer you want two of them one for the basking side and one for your cool side of the tank
@CooperDragon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok it is sand again as recommended 🙈🙈 I see one spot has the liner though but that’s the cooler side and he doesn’t really go over there…
NO sand please -- and I would get a light over there a regular house hold light bulb will do but you need a temp on that side of the tank it needs to be 80's during the day --- if its too cool it will put him to sleep you need those probes for temps ASAP you can use the digital ones you have placed on the walls but those are ambient temps

Slou83

Original Poster
Ok so lets ask CooperDragon about this UVB he is more of a expert w/ the MVB's than I am I will flag the post so he can help here too -- but please get the digital probe thermometers they look like this Zoo Med Digital Thermometer you want two of them one for the basking side and one for your cool side of the tank
@CooperDragon
Thank you so much. Not in the States in the UK but I’ll get some probe thermometers today… and I’ll sort the sand too…

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you so much. Not in the States in the UK but I’ll get some probe thermometers today… and I’ll sort the sand too…
Ok once we hear from CooperDragon about your lighting situation we can go from there -- yes please get rid of the sand all of it-- if you haft to use paper towels for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom