HELP! Boga ate a piece of candy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apolla

Ok, I used a candy cane to weight down a string to play with my cat knowing she would just chase it, not eat it. Boga was out and ran over to play and chomped down on the cane. It broke and before I could grab all the pieces, she grabbed one and chomped again. I shoved my thumb in her mouth and tried to get it all out but she swallowed a piece.

What do I do??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, she should be fine ! The candy will dissolve + pass through as long as she's kept at the right temps. which I'm sure she will be. Sugar is not good for them but this small amount one time won't do any harm, maybe a slight tummy ache. Keep her hydrated and carry on as usual.

Apolla

Original Poster
AHBD":3r7of0ft said:
Hi there, she should be fine ! The candy will dissolve + pass through as long as she's kept at the right temps. which I'm sure she will be. Sugar is not good for them but this small amount one time won't do any harm, maybe a slight tummy ache. Keep her hydrated and carry on as usual.

Thank you!

I don't like putting her back in her viv when she does something I don't want as I don't want her to associate her tank with punishment, but I put her back pretty quickly and gave her a few drops of olive oil to help move it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom