Help beardie is hiding somewhere and I can’t find them

Emmry

Around 3ish weeks ago I adopted a six and a half month old of bearded dragon named Zuko, he’s small (looks more like 4 months) from not getting enough protein before I got him and today he was roaming around my room while I was playing a game, he does this often usually he sits on my shoulder or chest, or runs around and plays, sometimes he hides but it’s always in the same spots, but I turned away for a moment and now I can’t find him anywhere. It’s been 3ish hours and I’ve turned my room upside down, I looked in all the usual spots, got on the ground and checked any small corners I could find, in bins, my hamper, under all the furniture and even the curtains, but I still can’t find him anywhere. My door was shut the entire time and nobody came in, so he’s definitely in my room but it’s like he vanished out of thin air. I’m not sure what else to do or where else to look but I’m starting to panic now. Is there a way to lure him out of hiding maybe? I tried shaking the bag with his dubia roaches, which usually gets a reaction out of him (he loves them), but nothing happened.

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Around 3ish weeks ago I adopted a six and a half month old of bearded dragon named Zuko, he’s small (looks more like 4 months) from not getting enough protein before I got him and today he was roaming around my room while I was playing a game, he does this often usually he sits on my shoulder or chest, or runs around and plays, sometimes he hides but it’s always in the same spots, but I turned away for a moment and now I can’t find him anywhere. It’s been 3ish hours and I’ve turned my room upside down, I looked in all the usual spots, got on the ground and checked any small corners I could find, in bins, my hamper, under all the furniture and even the curtains, but I still can’t find him anywhere. My door was shut the entire time and nobody came in, so he’s definitely in my room but it’s like he vanished out of thin air. I’m not sure what else to do or where else to look but I’m starting to panic now. Is there a way to lure him out of hiding maybe? I tried shaking the bag with his dubia roaches, which usually gets a reaction out of him (he loves them), but nothing happened.
is it possible for him to have gone under the door? if you are certain he is in your room just keep carefully looking anywhere you can think of. Ive seen people say to set out the heatlamp somewhere in your room to try and attract them

Emmry

Original Poster
is it possible for him to have gone under the door? if you are certain he is in your room just keep carefully looking anywhere you can think of. Ive seen people say to set out the heatlamp somewhere in your room to try and attract them

There’s not really a gap under my door, there’s a metal piece under it so there’s no gap, so I don’t think there’s anyway he could’ve gotten under the door. I can try the heating lamp, that’s a good idea! I have looked outside of my room just in case but there’s no signs of him anywhere.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear you found him! They sure know how to hide & worry us to death when that
does happen.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom