Help! Beardie has weird poop!

Tiff0519

Help! Our beardie all of a sudden was sitting with his mouth open and his beard was darker and then he went and pooped. This poop is huge and watery and green and smelly! There is a weird chunk in it as well as a little blood which looks like maybe from pushing it out?! He has been normal however I did just notice he seems to be shedding his skin on his back! Should I be concerned?

jabda

Hatchling Member
May have parasites, watery, blood, smelly. Need to get poop tested.
Brown crickets are the ones that carry parasites normally. Are you feeding the brown crickets or feeding banded which are better?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Help! Our beardie all of a sudden was sitting with his mouth open and his beard was darker and then he went and pooped. This poop is huge and watery and green and smelly! There is a weird chunk in it as well as a little blood which looks like maybe from pushing it out?! He has been normal however I did just notice he seems to be shedding his skin on his back! Should I be concerned?
See what the next poop is like post a pic of it then we can help better

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Also please post info and pics of your setup.
What bulbs you are using distance from bulbs ect. It will be helpful in assessing any problems

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you get a picture of your dragon, along with your tank setup so we can see his physical
condition?
Is this the first time he has had this type of stool, with blood, etc? As suggested, he may have
a high level of worms or parasites causing some intestinal distress. Or, if he had to strain a lot,
then that can sometimes cause blood as well. Were his urates hard or soft?
You can try giving a mix of sugar free apple sauce, mixed with canned or fresh pumpkin & a few
drops of organic olive or coconut oil. Simply mix it up & use a plastic dropper or syringe dripped
onto his nose a few times per week.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom