HELP! BEARDIE ATE A RING

mitchellmccurry

Beardie name(s)
Toco
I feel awful. I let my beardie out to run around and didn’t see the ring sitting on the floor before he did. He ran right for it and ate it. It’s approx womens size 6 gold ring, smooth band with no sharp edges ect. Is there any change he may be able to pass this? Anything I can do from home? Please help guys. Thanks :(

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i literally have no solid answer for you. my thoughts are it being a smooth band is a small plus. if it was my boy i'd get him into a vet just to be safe.

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
I agree with hdochow. The fact it is smooth means less chance of damaging the digestive tract, but I would be worried about it being stuck and at least causing a bad impaction. Vet visit would be my first instinct.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, that has never happened here on the forum, that I can remember hearing about! Since it is
smooth, that is definitely better than something being sharp or ragged. I do have to agree though,
the size might be an issue so it is a good idea to take him into a vet.
All you can really do is to give extra oral fluids, more softer foods, etc with a few drops of olive or
coconut oil a few times per week to potentially help out.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom