Help!! Bearded Dragon: Spasms?! Twitching?! Digging?!

kaitlb95

Original Poster
I p
Thats great news! Does she have a dig box? If not you'll want to provide her with one.
Some females will lay anywhere(personal experience) some supposedly will only lay if they have a place to bury them. (So I've read).
I put her a dig box this morning. She’s been digging for a few hours but nothing yet! Do you know how long it takes for them to lay infertile eggs? I’m so worried she’ll become egg bound! I’ve also read to increase her calcium intake and give her frequent warm baths. Any tips y’all can give me on female beardies laying infertile eggs? 😁 I’ve had a female beardie in the past but she never laid eggs, so this is my first experience with that!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I p

I put her a dig box this morning. She’s been digging for a few hours but nothing yet! Do you know how long it takes for them to lay infertile eggs? I’m so worried she’ll become egg bound! I’ve also read to increase her calcium intake and give her frequent warm baths. Any tips y’all can give me on female beardies laying infertile eggs? 😁 I’ve had a female beardie in the past but she never laid eggs, so this is my first experience with that!
AHBD can help you here
@AHBD

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Tbh i didn't know mine was gravid until she decided to lay lol. She didn't dig at all and glass surfed for only a day ir two. She laid 2 clutches in a 4 ir 5 week time frame. The 2nd clutch i was more in tune, it took her a coulpe days from when she started glass surfing, i gave her the dig box and she laid them on day 2 or 3.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It really depends on how far along she is. They will oftentimes start digging to get an appropriate area
or burrow ready for when they are going to lay. Once they drop inside of her body, she should be able
to lay them pretty quickly. Her body shape will change some & she will look more oval in her lower body.
I'm glad to hear the vet said her bones looked good, & that she is in great health too.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

kaitlb95

Original Poster
Hello,

It really depends on how far along she is. They will oftentimes start digging to get an appropriate area
or burrow ready for when they are going to lay. Once they drop inside of her body, she should be able
to lay them pretty quickly. Her body shape will change some & she will look more oval in her lower body.
I'm glad to hear the vet said her bones looked good, & that she is in great health too.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie
Update!

She laid TWENTY SEVEN eggs today!! The vet had said a few!! She looks deflated and tired! Hopefully her appetite will pick back up and she’ll put back on some of the weight she lost!

Attachments

• 7F156DB1-0CB5-4272-AAA3-DEE00F052799.jpeg
    7F156DB1-0CB5-4272-AAA3-DEE00F052799.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 66
  • C3ABDECF-CDD1-4E03-9659-9A58D799517D.jpeg
    C3ABDECF-CDD1-4E03-9659-9A58D799517D.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 65

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, look at all of those eggs, poor poor girl!
I bet she feels so much better so she should start eating on her own again real soon. I am sure
she is dehydrated too.
Let us know how she is doing!

Tracie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
That is awesome!!!!
I bet she feels much better now don't forget to give extra calcium for a little while, her stores will be depleted.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't know how I missed all this but I'm glad that she laid her eggs with no problem ! That was a nice big clutch, how is her appetite ?

kaitlb95

Original Poster
She still seems tired. I’ve been giving her warm baths daily with a little unflavored Pedialyte in them so she can rehydrate, and I’ve been syringe feeding her still with a little extra calcium because she still won’t eat. She laid the eggs a couple days ago and her appetite isn’t coming back. She has also lost a good bit of weight. Is all this normal? Does it take a while for their appetite to come back?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
The 1st clutch Ruby laid she ate ok after, the 2nd clutch (only a few weeks later) it took her a week or so to want to eat much.

kaitlb95

Original Poster
The 1st clutch Ruby laid she ate ok after, the 2nd clutch (only a few weeks later) it took her a week or so to want to eat much.
That gives me hope my girl will start eating soon! I bought some silk worms and wax worms to give her something different to eat and help her gain some of the weight she lost. When I tried feeding them to her today she only licked one of the worms and wasn’t really interested. She doesn’t even eat her greens anymore since she laid. She’s alert and not really black bearding but you can tell she is still tired. She has been going in her hide more often since she laid too. I weighed her today since her vet visit and she has lost 32g since then. She once weighed 484g and as of today she is 412g.

kaitlb95

Original Poster
Her skin is also still a little wrinkly on her back. Does that mean she’s still dehydrated?

Attachments

• 6F521557-5024-4745-872D-C7F175A605E9.jpeg
    6F521557-5024-4745-872D-C7F175A605E9.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 50

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Her skin is also still a little wrinkly on her back. Does that mean she’s still dehydrated?
No, when beardies are carrying a huge amount of eggs they look more wrinkly after laying because they have been streetched to the max. Just like if a heavy set person loses a lot of weight there is usually loose skin.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom