Help! Bearded Dragon enclosure is still too cold after many tries to raise the temperature

My Bearded Dragon's basking spot is only 80-85f! I have no clue how. He is always basking. The wattage is 150w it was hotter (like 90). Then I got a double dome so now it is a 150w and a 100w and somehow it dropped to the low 80s. I'm so concerned. Also the log goes pretty high up. The log is about 14 inches and it goes to about half ot the enclosure (the basking light is on top of the enclosure). At my summer house I have a lower wattage and one bulb and the same enclosure and the temp is fine. Could the bulb be old? Could the temperature gun be inaccurate? I'm so concerned. I'm making the post now but it's been like this for a while. I tried to fix it before making the post but I don't know how to.
1666313137074.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would say your temp gun is off please get 2 digital probe thermometers place where he sits for basking- do you have a uvb? The tank is dark it's hard to see inside- your surface basking temps should be 95-100 for an adult

TackoFallForPres

Original Poster
I would say your temp gun is off please get 2 digital probe thermometers place where he sits for basking- do you have a uvb? The tank is dark it's hard to see inside- your surface basking temps should be 95-100 for an adult
Okay thanks. Sorry for the long response my wifi has been out. Yes I do have a UVB. I totally agree that the temp gun is wrong but also he's always basking. Like all the time. Or is that just normal behavior for bearded dragons? He's not too energetic but I don't think he ever has been unless he's stressed out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Okay thanks. Sorry for the long response my wifi has been out. Yes I do have a UVB. I totally agree that the temp gun is wrong but also he's always basking. Like all the time. Or is that just normal behavior for bearded dragons? He's not too energetic but I don't think he ever has been unless he's stressed out.

What are you using for a UVB? long tube or a coil? Please get the digital probe thermometers --- Pet Smart or Petco carries them --- Zoo Med digital ---- you need to get actual surface basking temps-- for him to be constantly basking and never move there is a issue- where is the UVB over the same area as basking lamp?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom