Help! Albi Is Not Pooping or Shedding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have some concerns about our 16" female Bearded Dragon named Albi Holmes... We purchased her Febuary 20th and she was roughly 5.5" long.

Problem is she hasnt pooped in about a week and a half and hasnt shed for over 2 months... about a week ago she completely lost interest in crickets which we had been feeding her as a staple since the day we got her... We also feed her kale, turnip green, mustard greens, collard greens, occasionally parsely... ect. Let me state that since we got her, she never pooped every day, it has always been a cycle of about 3-4 days..

So now that she isnt eating crickets, i ordered 1000 phoenix worms that will be here tomorrow, and have been feeding her mostly giant meal worms/ regular meal worms and a few wax worms and butter worms due to her looking skinny and not eating much for a few days... She loves the meal worms ???

Please any advice or suggestions will be considered...

I have posted a few other times and included in those posts are pics of her enclosure and other information which might be helpful such as temps/humidity/basking temps... ect

thanks in advance for any help

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Hi! Could you tell us what her substrate his? Cool side, warm side and basking spot temperatures and how you are taking the temperature. does she have a UVB TUBE bulb if so what brand and/or name?

mellu

Juvie Member
Don't worry too much about not shedding, my girl is the same length and her growth spurt is over, she'll probably have another soon. I HAVE to ask, did you name your dragon after Albi the Racist Dragon(from Flight of the Conchords).

AlbiHolmes

Original Poster
munchkins9802: We originally had her on tile until last month, Her substrate at the moment is half tile and half play sand... We switched to the half play sand due to seeing her trying to dig on the tile. She was roughly 15" when we switched to the play sand about a month ago. We live in Ohio and the room we stay in along with Albi is not air conditoned so it reached 80-88 degrees in the room, however with albis 2 36" tubes and a 50 watt basking lamp he temps during a hot day are usually 88-95 degrees on the hot side and 80-85 on the cool side and the humidity is between 40-50% during the day... at night the temps range from 75-80 degrees depending on how cool it gets outside with a humidity level reaching up to 70% sometimes... We had no problems keeping the temps and having a better gradient during the cooler/winter months. Her basking spot with the 50 watt bulb is normally 100-113 degrees according to our digital temp gun. We check the basking areas with a $60 temp gun from lowes and the ambient temps with 2 digital probes, 1 on each side of the viv.

Her lighting consists of the Exo terra light cycle unit... there is 1 36" repti sun 10.0 and 1 36" cool white tube from menards. Her basking lamo is a 50 watt tight beam bulb from the pet store, cant think of the brand name at the moment, exo terra i believe. The tubes come on at 8:50 am and go off at 9:50 am.. The basking light is set to go on at 9:30am and go off at 9:30 pm, however when it is hot outside we normally only leave the basking bulb on for a few hours after feeding time due to it raising the ambient temp in the viv to 98+ degrees.

Any other questions please let me know, but i wont be able to respond until tomorrow after work at 6pm.

mellu: No we did not name Albi due to that movie, I originally wanted to name him/her Alberto but my fiance likd Albi, so we aggreed that is it was a male it would be Alberto and female Albi... 8)

Pictures of Albi's viv from when we got him to his current set up are at the link below.
Albi's Photobucket Link - - - -> http://s1121.photobucket.com/home/AlbiHolmes/index

Thanks again,
Keith & Albi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom