Help, abnormal redness in arm. Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyh20

Found our dragon not acting normal a few days ago. She has redness and what looks like some swelling in her right arm. The dragon is also limping around when she tries to run. Any ideas what this may be or how to help her get better?

Check out the picture for more detail.
Thanks

IMG_9265.JPG

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4M20KHkqLwo_eiYSGQluHQ?authkey=Gv1sRgCIXfpcbrwNyPxwE&feat=directlink

Do you have her in a cage with another dragon? Is there a possibility that something in her cage fell on her leg? She looks young. How old is she?

I had a big log in my BD's cage & when she went to jump on or off the log fell down on her. She was fine but these things do happen sometimes. I would take her to a vet. Is that redness or is it bleeding. It looks sore whatever it is.

She sure is a pretty dragon too. I am hoping for the best for her.

troyh20

Original Poster
Not sure of her age, would guess around 4-5 months. She is in with another dragon but they seem to get along fine and nothing in the tank could have fell on her. The redness looks like it could have some blood in it. She also stopped eating around the time this injury took place. Im going to try and feed her again tomorrow since she looks to be a little more lively now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, it is pretty much guaranteed that the injury was inflicted from your other dragon. It is not usually a good idea to house dragons together.
Since there has been an injury, they need to be separated immediately. Try to clean the area with diluted betadine, & put some antibiotic ointment on it, daily.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom