Help! 2 month old beardie, vommit /not eating :*(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pntballer04

I just picked the little guy up saturday, brought him home and put him in the cage around 9PM and he was looking at the crickets like he was hungry so I dropped a few in with him and he ate all 5, turned the uv light off around 11:30, BUT I kept the Infrared heat light on all night because I thought, being a reptile he couldn't see it, then found out I was wrong. Anyways, He seemed fine when I brought him home. Then sunday I woke up, turned his lights on and a little later he regurgitated some cricket and then he really didnt do much the whole day except sit on the branch under the light and wouldn't eat when I tried to give him crickets, :banghead: And today , I woke up, turned his lights on and he was still on his branch, tried feeding him again and again would not eat... :banghead: regurgitated again, but he did poop today and the rest of the day he just lied on his branch, not moving unless you pick him up and sat him down on the ground, but all he does is climb back to where he sits. I have him in a 10 gal. and I'm using reptiglo 10.0 UVB coil bulb and a 100 watt Infrared heat lamp, the stick on temp gauge says its 94 degrees and in the pics you can see where it is... please help...oh yea when I bought it from petsmart they were keeping him on sand so I put sand in my aquarium at first then learned that it wasn't good so I changed it to paper towels for now, but he did poop today so maybe impaction is not the issue? IDK :study:

Here he is when i brought him home, he sat in his water bowl for a long time too
001.jpg

002.jpg

Size in comparison to my hand:
2monthsold.jpg

2mnthshand.jpg

how the aquarium looks now and this is where he has been sitting, aquarium is only temporary, will be getting a 65gal (4ft. x 17" x 17") in a couple weeks
001-1.jpg

003.jpg

Pntballer04

Original Poster
Incase you guys want to know I do did dust the crickets with these:
0022.jpg

I have some of this in the aquarium too, but he hasn't touched it, crickets seem to like it though lol, Do any of you guys like this stuff? Also, will this be sufficient as veggies?

003-1.jpg

Pntballer04

Original Poster
Well I changed the bulbs out with these
0023.jpg

and put a couple of better thermometers and a humidity gauge in, hopefully it'll work :(

0012.jpg

boxerLvr

Coil light is no good. Need the reptisun 10.0 tube (petmountain has them the cheapest and is offering free shipping right now). Also, the stick on temps are not accurate. I bought one at walmart for 12.00 that has a sensor to put in the basking (keep mine at 105) and the other part goes on the cool side (keep mine at 85) and shows the humidity level as well. It "could" be relocation stress, but someone more knowledgeable can assist more in that area.

reptilelove

hmmmm are you feeding him large crickets? feed him crickets smaller than his head.i also do agree about the coil bulb a 10.0 florescent tube will be perfect. it may be due to relocation stress or many other factors. i can only help so much but make sure to keep a shallow water bowl in his tank to be hydrated. and every 2 days mist him. only him not the tank. i wish i could help more but the only other factor i no of is that to be able to digest his food he needs a good warm temperature.

Pntballer04

Original Poster
I changed the coil light to a reptisun 10.0, bulb style for now and took the infrared bulb out, swapped it with the actual basking bulbthat puts out UVA's

Pntballer04

Original Poster
i fed him small crickets, when i got him on Saturday, 5 of them. He ate them and hasn't ate since also regurgitated twice, i just tried to give him a sliver of a grape...no success

Pntballer04

Original Poster
I also believe that when I fed him it was within 2 hours of the lights going out, did I make him sick?

reptilelove

ok good. i would say not to keep that red bulb they can see it and an be stressed from it. he probably didn't sleep the night u fed him due to the light causing stress to him so keep up the other things and im pretty sure you will be fine. :lol:

Pntballer04

Original Poster
reptilelove":2n9yzjd4 said:
ok good. i would say not to keep that red bulb they can see it and an be stressed from it. he probably didn't sleep the night u fed him due to the light causing stress to him so keep up the other things and im pretty sure you will be fine. :lol:

I hope so... :shock:

reptilelove

yours was like my baby beardy i got him three weeks ago and when i fed him he like yours ate 5. so i put him in his tank and let him bask for about 2 hours so he can not feel stressed. then the next day when i tried feeding him he didnt eat a ting so i was like wth!! the next 5 days he did the same and ate nothing. my sister in law got me this product called "nature zone" bites" only for bearded dragons though. he ate 4 of them then the next day i tried feeding him but did not eat and then the very next day ate 4 i was like yes!! today he ate 9 little crickets. and the bites are appetite simulating which also makes him hungrier. mine loved it i hope you try it it really works. and after you open it you have to keep it refrigerated.

reptilelove

thats a really sexy set up by the way i really like it the only thing you are missing is a hide try a few or 2 is fine so they can get a way from stress when they want or need to. i would suggest putting one at the end of the tank on the cool side and putting one not facing you . make sure when you set that hide up he cant see you or you cant see him. this will give him comfort and peace.

Pntballer04

Original Poster
reptilelove":1wwble2k said:
thats a really sexy set up by the way i really like it the only thing you are missing is a hide try a few or 2 is fine so they can get a way from stress when they want or need to. i would suggest putting one at the end of the tank on the cool side and putting one not facing you . make sure when you set that hide up he cant see you or you cant see him. this will give him comfort and peace.

will do, I hope he feels better

reptilelove

i hope he feels better to good luck and happy holidays. hey try phoenix worms they love then but yah sorry hahaha ok man good luck. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

setting up a tank for a garter snake in a few months!!
Trying to finish setting up my beardie tank. Just gotta connect it to the power.
Okay lol so as I was told my baby was a boy when I rescued him hehe well I took him to my vet and was advised he is a she ! I was thinking of renaming her to Virgo from Toothless any suggestions for names 😊🥰
I am new and looking for a teen beardie. I have been doing a lot of research for about 2 years.
I'm new here but not new to dragons or snakes. Over the 7 years. I opened my heart and home to neglected. unwanted dras and snakes, some critical conditions. Then nursing them back to health and their final family home. I regularly help my reptiles vet with emergency appointments and I also provide the care in my little quenteen,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave_in_LA
Top Bottom