Hello. *slow arm waves*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am Victoria and not new to scale loves as I have a ball python and had snakes and lizards since I was little. Yes I ws one of those girls lol.

I had recently gone to a reptile show and won a bearded dragon baby. Had her since 8/23 and she has a deformity on her hips and has been walking on her wrists.

She is on dusted dubais, wont touch veggies and has a 20 gal tan¹k. Temp from 75 to 100 degrees. She has two lights. Solar balancing mercury all in one and a uvb. Spiral..

Before you jump to a vet conclusion .... We are dealing with two vdeaths in the family. Right now.... so jumping to spend more money is frowned on. Also theres.not a lot of qualified vets about the area and those that are are $100+ just for a check up. I am leaning on making a tiny brace to keep her wrist from being damaged.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She sounds like she has mbd- I am going to flag your post to the vet tech mod and another experienced person on the forum -- can you please post pics of her and her tank- I am going to say the two most important things in the tank are the uvb and basking temps-- temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-
At the top of the page in the banner look for user image uploader download the pics click on the ximg at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post

RathiansMom

Original Poster
Its really difficult on a cellphone, so many adds block the way... I tried and didnt see the post. I got a small digital thermostat in there for heat and moisture. I hear a lot of mdb on the net but I see some neurological signs that arent right either. . . Things like she lifts her hind legs up when she deficates instead of them lifting her up.
112131-8058974296.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What are you using for a uvb? Brand and bulb and is it in a fixture that has a reflector-- you need a digital probe thermometer- the probe needs to sit on the spot where she basks 10 minutes then get temp 105-110 - that and the uvb are the MOST IMPORTANT things in that tank- the uvb is crucial to her- and yes it does sound neurological our vet tech can help you out better than I on that one- her name is Tracie

RathiansMom

Original Poster
26w reptile uvb 100 from exo terra and 80w solar glow all in one from exo terra. I was told no higher than 100 for basking by other sources. I wish I had the time and money to get everything proper but life isnt fair right now....

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get rid of the Exo Terra 26 watt bulb -- they are NO good and its doing no good in the tank of your size-- the Solar Glo is ok but it is not providing adequate UVB-- please get one of these they are very good
https://www.pangeareptile.com/collections/light-fixtures/products/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756
or you can get this one https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjA0In0= you want a 24" fixture and this one comes w/ a bulb --- please order this ASAP -- your dragons health depends on this - the Solar Glo is good for heating but not for UVB - depending on the screen on the tank will depend on where it goes-- if your screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door it will need to go inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor - if its a WIDE HOLE type it can sit on top but the distance would be different 8-10 inches directly over the decor --- you dont want the dragon to keep getting worse w/ the neurological disorders or MBD --- the UVB will prevent that - that is why I said this is crucial to her --

RathiansMom

Original Poster
We are currently dealing with two funerals we need to be ready for, one of them a direct family member as well as trying to sel a house so we can have the funding to get what is needed or we have gone with a hood. We are not a double income household either. As much as I would love to just steal the husbands credit card and do that, life isnt letting me. Between the expenses to come, the depression and exhaustion it isnt as easy as click and buy anymore. Hopefully somebody understands that... I checked on vets and it being sunday... they are closed... sadly life is against us and theres no help ...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I understand I am just saying this is crucial to the dragon - the nano is cheaper you can get her outside for good uvb direct sunlight 15 minutes - temp needs to be 65 or above place in a plastic tote NO GLASS please supervise her you can do this for as long as you can but she will not survive w/ out it

RathiansMom

Original Poster
I am also sorry you lost family too.

I am doing all I can right now with I can and have. I am even looking for hood fixutres online. If I really need this... and its that bad... I need the help to find something thats will work and not upset the husband much. Lossing your parent isnt easy to deal with... I am also wondering if snybody here has a spare hood... easier to convince him to get one thing for $25ish than two... though I understand most forums are more text help these days.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
First of all, I'm very sorry about your family member and send my condolences to you. Going through grief, loss and financial problems is extremely stressful. :( I hope we can help your beardie, I see that the baby looks very small so it's crucial to help it out ASAP and it does need good uvb. Karrie asked if your weather is good enough to get the baby outside [ not in the glass tank, too hot ] that can help by getting good uvb exposure that can halt the metabolic bone disease. The Solar glo bulb is O.K. but the sun would be better. Use a plastic storage tote in dappled shade if you live in a warm state. BTW, lots of babies lift their rear legs when they poo, that's not unusual . Is the baby drinking ? If not, use a small spray bottle or a syringe to slowly drip water on the snout .

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry for your family deaths, that is never easy to deal with, along with financial & animal
sorrows, too.
I totally agree, if at all possible, try getting him outside for short stints daily if you can, until
you can get better lighting.
You could consider getting some liquid calcium for him, so he could absorb that easier than
the powder. Does he eat insects dusted with calcium, without any trouble?

Tracie

RathiansMom

Original Poster
Sorry... been trying to find a place to do the services. Most private places will not allow services if your dead has had covid or died of it, reguardless of if they are cleared of it or not...

I live in the northwest so no... its cloudy with little sun and at 65 degrees at the most now. I know how important it is but since I am the one with a wallet, its not my play to make.

I did check around to the very few vets we have. I do mean few.... $80 on up just for a checkup and booked intil mid next month or put on a wait list that is $75 plus the $100+ exam. Doing an emergency drop off is $140+... and one or two no longer have exotic vets ... no mobile vet does exotics here either.

Help would be loved... the hub is a money saver, so help looking for a good hood and light combo thats cheapER would be great.

She eats her dusted bugs fine IF she doesnt lick the powder first... lol I know I was getting into at first but didnt think it
I grabbed the large rat wheel and artisan lettus to help... I have called every vet possible who does exotics.

QUESTION: How fast does MBD set in? I am talking this wasnt how she was when I got her and shes a month and half old. (Hatched around 8/23) I think theres something else going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom