Hello! Question about colour and morphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayla55

I am a first time bearded dragon owner and I have a question about my beardie! I'm pretty sure she's a girl as I used the flashlight method to try and determine if she was a boy or girl. Now my question is regarding her morph and colour and pattern. I got her from petsmart and the tag says really red bearded dragon. Can someone please tell me exactly what she is!?

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 260
  • image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 185
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 195
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 172
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 162

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you have a very beautiful beardie ! Her color is nice + vibrant, it may intensify or fade or stay close to the same as she grows. She looks very healthy so that's a bonus ! So she is considered a red but the morph is a normal phase unless she has clear nails , which it almost looks like. Can you get a close up of her feet ? If her nails are totally clear , then she's a red hypo beardie. Hypomelanistic means they have less melanin/dark pigment. I hatched out beardies that looked very similar to her years ago.

kayla55

Original Poster
Hi there, you have a very beautiful beardie ! Her color is nice + vibrant, it may intensify or fade or stay close to the same as she grows. She looks very healthy so that's a bonus ! So she is considered a red but the morph is a normal phase unless she has clear nails , which it almost looks like. Can you get a close up of her feet ? If her nails are totally clear , then she's a red hypo beardie. Hypomelanistic means they have less melanin/dark pigment. I hatched out beardies that looked very similar to her years ago.
Thank you 😊 her nails are pretty clear! I tried to get pics of her feet but she kept running away from the camera.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! It figures that she darted away when you try to get a specific picture. :) But it does look like her nails are clear, with no little grey/black line running through them so she could be called a red hypo.

kayla55

Original Poster
You're welcome ! It figures that she darted away when you try to get a specific picture. :) But it does look like her nails are clear, with no little grey/black line running through them so she could be called a red hypo.
I'll see if I can get better pictures of her feet tomorrow. She's sleeping now and I don't want to disturb her lol

kayla55

Original Poster
I got some pics of her feet! As best I could lol

Attachments

• F5C54BEA-40D1-4041-93F6-7BD25094C152.jpeg
    F5C54BEA-40D1-4041-93F6-7BD25094C152.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 155
  • C9851BF2-138E-4BF3-ABEB-281510D249E9.jpeg
    C9851BF2-138E-4BF3-ABEB-281510D249E9.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 157
  • AD0987DD-25A3-463B-BB90-DE0911FCBD17.jpeg
    AD0987DD-25A3-463B-BB90-DE0911FCBD17.jpeg
    240.1 KB · Views: 166

kayla55

Original Poster
Also is she just the normal morph or a leatherback? I’ve had someone tell me she is a leatherback and someone else say she is regular!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry I didn't get back on this, I didn't receive any notifications. She's not a leatherback but is on the smoother end of the normal scale spectrum, having smaller, less spiky scales. And some of her nails appear to be clear but others have the small grey line in them from what I can see, I don't think she's a hypo unless I'm not seeing the nails clearly.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! I hope you post updates + pics of her as she grows, she's beautiful and I'd love to see what she ends up like. There's a sub here called beardie tales where you can start a thread about the life and times of your dragon. 😊

kayla55

Original Poster
You're welcome ! I hope you post updates + pics of her as she grows, she's beautiful and I'd love to see what she ends up like. There's a sub here called beardie tales where you can start a thread about the life and times of your dragon. 😊
Okay! Thank you! She also has her own Instagram! I’m also praying I got her gender right! I’m gonna have to check it again once she’s done shedding! She’s completely white now due to full body shedding!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds good ! After she's done shedding or in a few weeks post pics with her tail arched up, I may be able to tell you the gender. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom