Hello, looking into genetics

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello, we are looking for our 2nd beardie and we have our heart set one one we found but then I found out that Red Monsters are not a very healthy breed. The one we found is 1/2 Red Monster hypo normal scale. Our little guy passed from juvenile gout and other illnesses that he shouldn't have had at his age. Is the 1/2 Red Monster a bad idea? What about the grey ones with black eyes? Thanks!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I haven't personally heard of them being weak, but i also haven't researched them specifically. The big problem with someone trying to breed for specific traits or genetics is that they will some times line breed. When they don't bring in outside gentics they can weaken the animals. Good breeders that breed for traits or genetics spend years and generations to produce the desired outcome. But like i said i haven't researched the reds to know where they came from. Someone like @Claudiusx, @AHBD, or maybe @CooperDragon might know more about them.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They are all over morphmarket. Way high priced, but they are pretty to look at. I saw a video on youtube of a breeder of them in Mexico, his facility looked pretty sketchy.

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
I haven't personally heard of them being weak, but i also haven't researched them specifically. The big problem with someone trying to breed for specific traits or genetics is that they will some times line breed. When they don't bring in outside gentics they can weaken the animals. Good breeders that breed for traits or genetics spend years and generations to produce the desired outcome. But like i said i haven't researched the reds to know where they came from. Someone like @Claudiusx, @AHBD, or maybe @CooperDragon might know more about them.
Thank you. We ended up picking one out that had different Red genes. Here he is. He's coming home this week.
Screenshot_20230514_085812_MorphMarket.jpg

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom