Hello, looking into genetics

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello, we are looking for our 2nd beardie and we have our heart set one one we found but then I found out that Red Monsters are not a very healthy breed. The one we found is 1/2 Red Monster hypo normal scale. Our little guy passed from juvenile gout and other illnesses that he shouldn't have had at his age. Is the 1/2 Red Monster a bad idea? What about the grey ones with black eyes? Thanks!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I haven't personally heard of them being weak, but i also haven't researched them specifically. The big problem with someone trying to breed for specific traits or genetics is that they will some times line breed. When they don't bring in outside gentics they can weaken the animals. Good breeders that breed for traits or genetics spend years and generations to produce the desired outcome. But like i said i haven't researched the reds to know where they came from. Someone like @Claudiusx, @AHBD, or maybe @CooperDragon might know more about them.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They are all over morphmarket. Way high priced, but they are pretty to look at. I saw a video on youtube of a breeder of them in Mexico, his facility looked pretty sketchy.

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
I haven't personally heard of them being weak, but i also haven't researched them specifically. The big problem with someone trying to breed for specific traits or genetics is that they will some times line breed. When they don't bring in outside gentics they can weaken the animals. Good breeders that breed for traits or genetics spend years and generations to produce the desired outcome. But like i said i haven't researched the reds to know where they came from. Someone like @Claudiusx, @AHBD, or maybe @CooperDragon might know more about them.
Thank you. We ended up picking one out that had different Red genes. Here he is. He's coming home this week.
Screenshot_20230514_085812_MorphMarket.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hi I have a hypo bearded dragon called Buddy. He is two, and I have a lot of experience looking after him. He has never benn sick before so I am hoping he will not!
Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smontemayor
Top Bottom