Heat mat/brumation

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
what type of thermometers? you want to have a couple of digital probe thermometers. they are the most accurate. the temp guns can be inaccurate depending on what surface is being read off of, like hammocks, rocks, etc. we can give ya links for them if you need.

that uvb is more than likely your biggest issue right now. i know what you mean by not exactly the spiral. the loop shape is still what is referred to as a "coil". with that small of a tank you want to get a 24" long tube fixture with a reflector. what bulb you will need is dependent on what type of top your enclosure has. is it a screen more like a window screen, or the larger type where the holes are bigger?
Hi, I was wondering, now that I got my uvb all squared away would you mind giving me to link to some digital probe thermometers? :)
Edit: I did use this one before, and it was horribly off, it was saying the tank was 70-75 the whole time. Even if I held it right under the 75 watt basking bulb

Attachments

• B211D180-F77B-46AE-8B1E-7CAF4770CE8D.jpg
    B211D180-F77B-46AE-8B1E-7CAF4770CE8D.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 59

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi, I was wondering, now that I got my uvb all squared away would you mind giving me to link to some digital probe thermometers? :)
Edit: I did use this one before, and it was horribly off, it was saying the tank was 70-75 the whole time. Even if I held it right under the 75 watt basking bulb
you can get just the hygrometer this is the one I use on my two tanks

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom