Healthy poop?

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello, I wanted so see if there’s something wrong with my boy, he’s probably about a year old now, or just shy of, I noticed recently his poop is looking a little flakey???? Idk how to describe it, I have a picture here (about a day old) and I just don’t think it looks healthy, not what I’m used to anyways. Nothing has changed really with his diet. He’s getting about 5-10 1 inch dubias a day (if I should be doing different please let me know every where I read says something else), calcium pretty much every other day as I was told because my uvb is a T8 (I know I should get a T5). Kale every day with bee pollen, and a day or so out of the week I give him a reptivitamin. He HATES water so I really missed down his salad because he will not soak and absolutely will not willingly drink water. I will also say my boy actively avoids his uvb light I’m hopping to get one that covers the entire cage here soon. But please help me out here!!! Also here’s my boy he’s about 19.5 inches.

Edit: I know the uvb is outside of his cage, I promise it isn’t normally Like that, the holder broke the other day, so I have to leave it on top till I can get to the store

Attachments

• 99F9FF83-D385-46C1-8EDA-867208BB11E5.jpeg
    99F9FF83-D385-46C1-8EDA-867208BB11E5.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 49857D25-EBE6-477F-A9D5-B9AC3DEEF22D.jpeg
    49857D25-EBE6-477F-A9D5-B9AC3DEEF22D.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 75
  • E500AA49-5670-4BB7-8B09-9A8E69EBD97A.jpeg
    E500AA49-5670-4BB7-8B09-9A8E69EBD97A.jpeg
    277.7 KB · Views: 75

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, I wanted so see if there’s something wrong with my boy, he’s probably about a year old now, or just shy of, I noticed recently his poop is looking a little flakey???? Idk how to describe it, I have a picture here (about a day old) and I just don’t think it looks healthy, not what I’m used to anyways. Nothing has changed really with his diet. He’s getting about 5-10 1 inch dubias a day (if I should be doing different please let me know every where I read says something else), calcium pretty much every other day as I was told because my uvb is a T8 (I know I should get a T5). Kale every day with bee pollen, and a day or so out of the week I give him a reptivitamin. He HATES water so I really missed down his salad because he will not soak and absolutely will not willingly drink water. I will also say my boy actively avoids his uvb light I’m hopping to get one that covers the entire cage here soon. But please help me out here!!! Also here’s my boy he’s about 19.5 inches.

Edit: I know the uvb is outside of his cage, I promise it isn’t normally Like that, the holder broke the other day, so I have to leave it on top till I can get to the store
Your uvb is in a fixture w/ reflector? You said holder- what is that? If this is a first time thing w/ the poop just watch it and see if it goes back to normal ones he poops out- the uvb is it on the side wall when in the tank or directly above him?

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Your uvb is in a fixture w/ reflector? You said holder- what is that? If this is a first time thing w/ the poop just watch it and see if it goes back to normal ones he poops out- the uvb is it on the side wall when in the tank or directly above him?
These poops have been going on for about a month, I just wanted to see if they would go away on their own but they didn’t, and yes the uvb has a reflector in it, and by holder I just meant the way I mounted it in the take, the mounts broke, and the uvb is on the side wall, his tank is an old 75 gallon fish tank so I don’t really have a way to mount it in the middle of the tank

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
These poops have been going on for about a month, I just wanted to see if they would go away on their own but they didn’t, and yes the uvb has a reflector in it, and by holder I just meant the way I mounted it in the take, the mounts broke, and the uvb is on the side wall, his tank is an old 75 gallon fish tank so I don’t really have a way to mount it in the middle of the tank
Ok please try to get it directly overhead -- this could be a good reason why hes hiding from it or not getting any UVB---- it needs to be directly over him - we dont advise on the wall because it shines in their eyes

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Ok please try to get it directly overhead -- this could be a good reason why hes hiding from it or not getting any UVB---- it needs to be directly over him - we dont advise on the wall because it shines in their eyes
Well if you could give me a suggestion on how I would really appreciate it, he’s in a 75 gallon fish tank, there is a support in the middle, and my lid has to completely lift off to get him out, here’s some pictures

Attachments

• 2E4F97FF-78C4-4114-A37A-FF4235EAAAD4.jpeg
    2E4F97FF-78C4-4114-A37A-FF4235EAAAD4.jpeg
    323.7 KB · Views: 61
  • E5475A92-42F7-4EC4-8A29-F09B580B8E14.jpeg
    E5475A92-42F7-4EC4-8A29-F09B580B8E14.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 66ECEB77-294C-409E-97B4-1DEC8723A947.jpeg
    66ECEB77-294C-409E-97B4-1DEC8723A947.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 59

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well if you could give me a suggestion on how I would really appreciate it, he’s in a 75 gallon fish tank, there is a support in the middle, and my lid has to completely lift off to get him out, here’s some pictures
Ok so to make sure we have the correct bulb please look on the UVB bulb and tell me if its a T 5 or a T8 -- you have a wide hole screen the T 5 can stay on top but the T 8 must be unobstructed --- the writing on the bulb will give brand and wattage and T 5 or T 8

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Ok so to make sure we have the correct bulb please look on the UVB bulb and tell me if its a T 5 or a T8 -- you have a wide hole screen the T 5 can stay on top but the T 8 must be unobstructed --- the writing on the bulb will give brand and wattage and T 5 or T 8
As I said in my original post I have a T8 and it normally sits inside on the back wall, the way I had it mounted broke so now I have to have it sit on top till I can get to the store, my question is how to hang it in the middle of the cage not the back wall, because his tank is an only 75 gallon fish tank, so it has a support in the middle and my cage lit lifts completely off, so how would I be able to support the uvb in the middle of the cage

Attachments

• CA247925-7160-4794-9610-0E4A7481F909.jpeg
    CA247925-7160-4794-9610-0E4A7481F909.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 53

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
As I said in my original post I have a T8 and it normally sits inside on the back wall, the way I had it mounted broke so now I have to have it sit on top till I can get to the store, my question is how to hang it in the middle of the cage not the back wall, because his tank is an only 75 gallon fish tank, so it has a support in the middle and my cage lit lifts completely off, so how would I be able to support the uvb in the middle of the cage
Get some long plastic zip ties or picture wire hangers and use those- you may haft to.snip.the screen but it must go inside the tank + basking decor directly under the uvb 6-8 inches- bulb needs to be changed out in 5 months

Jackie...BD!

Beardie name(s)
Jackie

Hello, I having similar problem with my beardie.
I was wondering if that weird poop went away. Thanks in advance. I tried everything already....changed basking temps and platforms. Have the best uvb in the market. Even change the bulb in case if it was defected. Still have that poop. I'll attach some pics for you to compare with what you your beardie had. Maybe someone else will get some ideas.

Attachments

• 20230811_110637.jpg
    20230811_110637.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230804_083759.jpg
    20230804_083759.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 44

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hello, I having similar problem with my beardie.
I was wondering if that weird poop went away. Thanks in advance. I tried everything already....changed basking temps and platforms. Have the best uvb in the market. Even change the bulb in case if it was defected. Still have that poop. I'll attach some pics for you to compare with what you your beardie had. Maybe someone else will get some ideas.
It looks like undigested bugs- how are you getting surface basking temps--

Jackie...BD!

Beardie name(s)
Jackie
I used to have a hammock as a basking spot. I probe the temp and it was from 105-113. Since I run out of ideas what else it could be I change 3 days ago a basking spot on cider block so she can get more heat from surface as well. And it's about 104 now.

Attachments

• 20230811_104554.jpg
    20230811_104554.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230810_195036.jpg
    20230810_195036.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 46

Jackie...BD!

Beardie name(s)
Jackie
It looks like undigested bugs- how are you getting surface basking temps--
It's been over the month she has that poop. She is eating pretty good but not as much as she had. She's about 7-8 month old and weight going up. It's not really effect her growth but it's still concerning to me. I think she's not active as she used to be. I even change the uvb bulb even it's like 3 month old. I don't know what else I could do. I'm thinking cut of her on food for a few days.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It's been over the month she has that poop. She is eating pretty good but not as much as she had. She's about 7-8 month old and weight going up. It's not really effect her growth but it's still concerning to me. I think she's not active as she used to be. I even change the uvb bulb even it's like 3 month old. I don't know what else I could do. I'm thinking cut of her on food for a few days.
Do not cut the food - she's still growing- older dragons like temps around 95-100- how long is she basking under the hotter temps?

Jackie...BD!

Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Do not cut the food - she's still growing- older dragons like temps around 95-100- how long is she basking under the hotter temps?
She usually does it in the morning and stays like 30 min. After feeding the same thing about 20-30 min. Then she can hiding or used to go under the hammock.

Jackie...BD!

Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Now she's laying like that about 2 hours and could not even move before I'll start feeding her again .

Attachments

• 20230811_130449.jpg
    20230811_130449.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 48

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom