Head vibrating

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
I second it is most likely to much UVB. this can cause them to produce to much calcium causing issues.
UVB causes them to produce calcium??? i have always seen it causes them to produce vitamin D, which includes information from reptile specific vets. you are the only person i've ever seen that says UVB produces calcium.

KarmaMoon

Beardie name(s)
Nova
UVB causes them to produce calcium??? i have always seen it causes them to produce vitamin D, which includes information from reptile specific vets. you are the only person i've ever seen that says UVB produces calcium.
Apologies, My head is in other places. It helps them produce V D3, that helps them absorb calcium. to much calcium can then cause issues.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
At the movement he gets calcium with D3 on insects 3 times a week then a multi-vit once a week on insects. He’s a decent eater of salads a bit picky sometimes but he eats well. He usually has staples of butternut squash and spring greens then whatever I’ve got in to build up the rest of his salad.
Ok no more D 3-- I want Tracie to advise another person we can ask is ahbd
@AHBD

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
Apologies, My head is in other places. It helps them produce V D3, that helps them absorb calcium. to much calcium can then cause issues.
no worries. it just threw me off for a minute. they work together and both are very important for our little scaly dudes.

(in our house, us humans even take supplements of both. great help for depression and the immune system.)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry for the delay! Your lighting is very good now. Since you are using a T5 high output
UVB light, it will be conducive towards your dragon to efficiently synthesize D3 just from the
UVB exposure. So I wouldn't recommend using D3 when he is exposed to higher levels of
UVB. The synthetic D3 can in some instances, become toxic & build up in the system.
You mentioned he has had the head vibration before you were using the tube bulb? He may
have had some calcium issues due to not enough UVB thus inhibiting his calcium absorption,
etc & contributing to the head vibrations.
Reptiles recover slowly most of the time, so give him some time. Is he eating pretty well, for the
most part?

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom