head tremors (supposedly not related to calcium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly&Ducky

Hi everyone! I've been using this website for all 5 years of my Ducky's life, but this is my first time posting. Several months ago, she developed a head tremor. It is not constant. Somedays I wouldn't notice it at all, somedays it would happen several times throughout the day. I took her to her vet, and he ran blood work. Everything looked normal, and he ruled out MBD. He was left pretty stumped because she looked great otherwise. Despite her healthy calcium levels, he suggested still upping the calcium supplements and I went ahead and purchased a fresh UVB bulb (ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5H0). None of that seemed to help initially, but a couple of months back, it did randomly seem to stop. I hadn't seen it for a while, but it came back today after bathtime. I also noticed a VERY slight and brief tremor in her tail. I called and left a message for my vet, but he won't be in until Wednesday. In the meantime, I figured I'd see what you guys thought! I know there are a lot of different tremor threads, but it seems like a lot of them focus on calcium/UVB, and the sporadic nature of her tremors has the vet and I both stumped. Should I be pushing my vet for any other tests? Or maybe pushing myself to find a new vet? ;) Thanks in advance for your help!

Video of one of her head tremors here. Apologies for her whining canine brother in the background lol. I did not get a video of the tail, because it has only happened once and it was extremely brief:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi everyone! I've been using this website for all 5 years of my Ducky's life, but this is my first time posting. Several months ago, she developed a head tremor. It is not constant. Somedays I wouldn't notice it at all, somedays it would happen several times throughout the day. I took her to her vet, and he ran blood work. Everything looked normal, and he ruled out MBD. He was left pretty stumped because she looked great otherwise. Despite her healthy calcium levels, he suggested still upping the calcium supplements and I went ahead and purchased a fresh UVB bulb (ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5H0). None of that seemed to help initially, but a couple of months back, it did randomly seem to stop. I hadn't seen it for a while, but it came back today after bathtime. I also noticed a VERY slight and brief tremor in her tail. I called and left a message for my vet, but he won't be in until Wednesday. In the meantime, I figured I'd see what you guys thought! I know there are a lot of different tremor threads, but it seems like a lot of them focus on calcium/UVB, and the sporadic nature of her tremors has the vet and I both stumped. Should I be pushing my vet for any other tests? Or maybe pushing myself to find a new vet? ;) Thanks in advance for your help!

Video of one of her head tremors here. Apologies for her whining canine brother in the background lol. I did not get a video of the tail, because it has only happened once and it was extremely brief:
I didnt catch the tremor at all --- where is the UVB ? Inside the tank or top of screen?

Kelly&Ducky

Original Poster
If you full screen that video, it’s easier to see. It is worse at times, but of course never when I start recording…

Bulb is under screen, inside tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you full screen that video, it’s easier to see. It is worse at times, but of course never when I start recording…

Bulb is under screen.
Ok and the distance is 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor ? If this is correct your good - our vet tech mod on here would need to respond to what she thinks is going on --- @Drache613

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom