Head Shaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidNKevin

Original Poster
Dragons will not show their illness due to instinct it has taken this long for it to become noticeable which is sad because it is getting almost too late for the MBD now --- some will show early like not walking is the most common stumbling or not being able to keep their balance --- if caught early enough it can be prevented from getting any worse but the longer you wait the more its going to progress ---- when you get the UVB please get it inside the tank directly above him approx 12-15 inches from the basking decor --- if you need help w/ hanging it I have some stuff that works really good --- let me know if you need it ---- good UVB properly placed is crucial for over all health -- good basking temps w/ a CLEAR bright white bulb is also crucial for digestion --
None of these places ship to me

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
you want the 22" bulb

try these places let me know if you can get one

catwu20

Beardie name(s)
Ginger
In Canada...
Hi, I live in Canada too and here are two businesses that I get my lighting from. They ship Canadawide and also offer curbside pickup if you are in the Toronto area. Here are some products I found from their website that may be useful.

Northern gecko (www.northerngecko.net)
- T5 Terranium hood: LIGHT, HEAT & UVB :: Fixtures :: Complete Lighting Kits :: Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Terrarium Hood

ReptilesRUs (ReptilesRuS - Canada's #1 Source For All Things Reptile!)
- Arcadia T5 12% kit: Arcadia PRO T5 UVB KIT With 12% Desert Lamp (39W-35")**

You can also get the Arcadia T5 12% bulb and white basking bulbs from these places.

I would also check kijiji and facebook marketplace: a lot of people trying to get rid of bulbs and hoods there. Good luck :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi, I live in Canada too and here are two businesses that I get my lighting from. They ship Canadawide and also offer curbside pickup if you are in the Toronto area. Here are some products I found from their website that may be useful.

Northern gecko (www.northerngecko.net)
- T5 Terranium hood: LIGHT, HEAT & UVB :: Fixtures :: Complete Lighting Kits :: Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Terrarium Hood

ReptilesRUs (ReptilesRuS - Canada's #1 Source For All Things Reptile!)
- Arcadia T5 12% kit: Arcadia PRO T5 UVB KIT With 12% Desert Lamp (39W-35")**

You can also get the Arcadia T5 12% bulb and white basking bulbs from these places.

I would also check kijiji and facebook marketplace: a lot of people trying to get rid of bulbs and hoods there. Good luck :)
Thank you for chiming in -- he needs the 24" fixture hes got a 40 gallon tank I believe -- but at least hes got more places to try :)

DavidNKevin

Original Poster
you want the 22" bulb

try these places let me know if you can get one
Ty, is the one from Amazon the fixture and the bulb, and would it work fine it says it's for plants

Also I have switched the UVB bulb that was in it and moved it closer to where he hangs out and he already seems a bit better!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ty, is the one from Amazon the fixture and the bulb, and would it work fine it says it's for plants

Also I have switched the UVB bulb that was in it and moved it closer to where he hangs out and he already seems a bit better!!!
Is that the coil? Or the mvb? You still haven't said what exactly you using-- the sunblaster is good for your dragon the link I posted from Amazon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Arcadia tube is perfectly fine, it should help a lot.
You had mentioned the old owners said the head twitching had been present with them? He has likely had poor UVB exposure
for awhile & his 25Hydroxy levels or D3 storage has been declining for awhile. It can take awhile for the levels to drop to a point
in which external signs begin to show. So far, he has been lucky he hasn't had more issues but I think if you can get better UVB
lighting for him that he can make a great recovery for you. He looks alert in the picture too & happy.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

DavidNKevin

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure it's a Coil, I ordered the one off amazon, Is the bulb that comes with it good for him though? because I read a review saying they got a different one...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I'm pretty sure it's a Coil, I ordered the one off amazon, Is the bulb that comes with it good for him though? because I read a review saying they got a different one...
What fixture did you get? If you got the Zoo Med your going to want the 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5--- if you got the Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb that is good and the Sunblaster Nano Tech 6400 is good ----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom