He won’t eat bugs in the morning!

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Hi! I posted Haku’s daily routine a bit ago and I’ve gotten positive feedback which is always nice to hear. But now I have a problem, he won’t eat his bugs in the morning.
As I said previously, he is 8 months and a real stickler when it comes to greens. He will eat veggies like carrots and bell peppers, but anything that’s green he will refuse to eat. So, to get him introduced to greens so he’ll eat them when he gets older, I started making green juice that I sprinkle on the bugs and when he takes a bite of the bug I sneak the syringe in his mouth and put some green juice in.
During his second feeding he doesn’t get the greens or calcium, just pure bugs and he has no problem eating them. But he started getting really stingy with his first feeding. I think I may have accidentally given him a negative correlation with morning feedings with greens.. So now he won’t take a bite of the bugs in the mornings. What should I do? He has been stubborn with greens for so long and the only thing that works for him doesn’t work anymore, and he won’t eat his bugs in the mornings now! I’ve tried everything else I could possibly think of. Bee pollen, fruit, bugs in the salad, he just won’t take them. Help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! I posted Haku’s daily routine a bit ago and I’ve gotten positive feedback which is always nice to hear. But now I have a problem, he won’t eat his bugs in the morning.
As I said previously, he is 8 months and a real stickler when it comes to greens. He will eat veggies like carrots and bell peppers, but anything that’s green he will refuse to eat. So, to get him introduced to greens so he’ll eat them when he gets older, I started making green juice that I sprinkle on the bugs and when he takes a bite of the bug I sneak the syringe in his mouth and put some green juice in.
During his second feeding he doesn’t get the greens or calcium, just pure bugs and he has no problem eating them. But he started getting really stingy with his first feeding. I think I may have accidentally given him a negative correlation with morning feedings with greens.. So now he won’t take a bite of the bugs in the mornings. What should I do? He has been stubborn with greens for so long and the only thing that works for him doesn’t work anymore, and he won’t eat his bugs in the mornings now! I’ve tried everything else I could possibly think of. Bee pollen, fruit, bugs in the salad, he just won’t take them. Help!
Are dusting the insects w/ calcium D3?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Maybe skip the evening feeding one evening and see if he will eat his bugs in the morning.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom