He has a swollen shoulder/ pad

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just noticed his shoulder/pad is swollen and the other is not. Now, I feel guilty because I didn't see it before.

I have silkworms and hornworms coming in.
A black cherry powder supplement, calcium, vitamin liquids coming. Powders galore from bearded dragon. co.
I gave him some silkworm enzyme.
I will be alerting his vet tomorrow.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I didn't know either until the vet started to point it out. He said to keep an eye on it. So I am. He has freckles over his body and over his eye ridges. He did rub himself on my hands when the shed wasn't ready once or twice.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My boy Zen's pattern really broke up as he has gotten older, now he looks freckled. He is het for zero/witbliz so i kindda think that might be why his pattern broke up so much. (Personally i like the freckles ☺)

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My boy Zen's pattern really broke up as he has gotten older, now he looks freckled. He is het for zero/witbliz so i kindda think that might be why his pattern broke up so much. (Personally i like the freckles ☺)

He used to have a double orange line on his back, where his spine is. Now, freckles are orange/ red. I know his mother and father were Carolina Classic Dragons. I saw his Mom and Dad. Dad was huge around 22", Mom was 18 inches. He comes in at 19".

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Unless the are g-stripe the line along their spines usually does break up. The g-stripes keep it for life.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It didn't stay around. I wish it had.

Guess what?! Normally, he wouldn't put any weight on one of his front legs when in the bath. He would spread it out so no weight would be put on it. I saw him stand up on both of his front legs, proud as can be! He even walked around. I'm so proud of him.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thats good, sounds like he's getting better 🙂
Yep. Ever since I returned his tank to normal. He loves to hang around on a low plastic plant I bought him for his birthday. A lot of things went through my mind.
Did he have a stroke and was paralyzed in that arm and leg?
Was he unable to use his limb because of his long nails that had to be filed down?
Should I pad his tank on the bottom to make it easier to walk?
I went to padded with extra paper towels and he is happy to be able to walk around his tank.
I have also added a rice sock to his tank.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm worried about him. I think he has lump on his jaw and he won't let the vet 'touch' his mouth. If I go to the vet, it's another 48 for an exotic exam. I don't have it right now.
The lump's round and 'hard'.
Since the vet couldn't examine his mouth because he got bit and he was - unable to see if his teeth were truly ok. I haven't been able to 'get a photo because he's quick to close his mouth. I've been brushing his teeth with the oral cleansing gel every day w/ a qtip. (I hope that's not too much.)
I did get in touch with a rescue to see what they recommend. They said that they would take him if I fill out an application to have him taken care of by a new vet and a new mommy.
I would drive 2 hours away from my town if I could. My car won't make it.
I want what's best for him. I just ordered small bugs for him to eat.
I gave him an juvenile dubia. Chewed on it, then spat it out. He didn't want it.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom