He has a swollen shoulder/ pad

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just noticed his shoulder/pad is swollen and the other is not. Now, I feel guilty because I didn't see it before.

I have silkworms and hornworms coming in.
A black cherry powder supplement, calcium, vitamin liquids coming. Powders galore from bearded dragon. co.
I gave him some silkworm enzyme.
I will be alerting his vet tomorrow.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Me too.
Slowly but surely, I'm returning the tank to the way it was before the roundworms and his hurt leg. He's showing that he wants to 'climb' so I'm going to give him some stuff. He really appreciates the decor in the corner with a fake plant. I hope he'll like what I'm doing for him. I'll be getting some suction cups or command strips to hang up his hammock.
I want him to have the tank the way it was before he got sick. I tried to get more boxes from the shoe store and they won't let me have one or two for his basking spot - for his UVB.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So, he doesn't want his orange towel on his box or his saucer chair! He's ok with hammock. I also have left his pile of greens on a dish in case he gets brave. Oh, and he's holding his vent with his back legs. LOL.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They can be picky about what they like. I just bought my big male a small dog bed. I have cat beds for all my smaller beardies and they love them. But NOOOO not Zen the first morning he took a huge poop right in the middle, i washed and sanitized it, the second night he climbed out and onto his hammock. So much for that idea lol .... the lil ingrate 🙄

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So, he didn't like his orange towel on his 'basking spot box'. So I took it out. He was happy with his yellow reversible blanket with a batman symbol on the front. He sat all day on his box watching a show about Gator Hunting. Gator Hunters or something. One of them sounds like my uncle.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
lol. They really love their shows and movies. He loves to watch the manly shows on Defy.
And my beardie likes to watch YouTube with me.
I found a channel that he likes so much that he just stucks for a very long time.
If I remember correctly, this is Awesome Restorations, they restore various old things there, the picture is very bright, and the sound effects is made as if a real sound engineer worked on it. There are sounds of opening bottles, creaking, knocking, sounds of nature.
Foxy just stucks on it 😆

Last edited:

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
And my beardie likes to watch YouTube with me.
I found a channel that he likes so much that he just stucks for a very long time.
If I remember correctly, this is Awesome Restorations, they restore various old things there, the picture is very bright, and the sound effects is made as if a real sound engineer worked on it. There are sounds of opening bottles, creaking, knocking, sounds of nature.
Foxy just stucks on it 😆
Mine loves to watch youtube videos also. Music included. He's a classical music lover too.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Lounging around on his hammock.
Yes, that is a 'mole' on his back. It's not spreading or changing shape or form. I feel it every day and look at it every day to see if it changes. It's ok.
I would love to make his hammock 'higher' But, he's very low to the ground, a pillow 'hammock' underneath.

Attachments

• loungingonhishammock.jpg
    loungingonhishammock.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 34

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom