Having floors refinished in the same apartment as bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizdragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We live in a two bedroom apartment and recently had to get the floors redone in one of the bedrooms. Our apartment has the bedrooms on one side then a long hallway that links them to the kitchen and living room. Our bearded dragon stays out in the living room. We didn’t make alternate living arrangements because we were told that the paint stain they would put on the floors is non-toxic and doesn’t smell, however when I went over there after they stained the floors I noticed it had a smell. It’s very strong in the bedroom where they stained the floor but I can honestly smell it out in the living room too even though it’s on the other side of the apartment. I’m not sure what to do because there’s nowhere I can take my bearded dragon plus I feel like most of the damage has probably already been done. How dangerous do you think this is? She seems OK but I’m really worried about her honestly.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have (or can get) an air purifier with a carbon filter? That will help filter out the VOC's at least in the room your dragon is staying in.

-Brandon

lizdragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Do you have (or can get) an air purifier with a carbon filter? That will help filter out the VOC's at least in the room your dragon is staying in.

-Brandon
Honestly I can’t. I feel terrible but I don’t really think there’s any way I can unless they sell it at the drug store. I left right away after coming home because I have a young baby and didn’t want to risk him being around the smell so I’m not even close to home anymore. Both windows are open in the living room, which is a large open space on the other side of the apartment from the bedroom. I think that’s the best I can do right now.

We live in nyc and have no car so it’s harder to get items like that without ordering online.

Edit: I’m going to order one that should come tomorrow. I feel so stupid I didn’t think of this before, they just assured me it would be safe even knowing I have a newborn baby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom