have you seen scales like this & bumbs?

Letty

Beardie name(s)
Letty
I noticed these discoloration bumbs underneath her & her top scales have these weird things - she hasn’t shed really either her whole bellie underneath has never shed-ive used shed ease & soak her like 4times a week to try to help her- to loose many layers of skin-we hve made progress but it’s definitely a long process- her tail has never shed top or bottom-im still wrkin on tht too- but she has cracked shed & this little white things part of her shed- then today i saw these other things on her hind legs-wondering if possible MITS? i need to know if this is a concern & if so wht can i do to treat whtever is going on-plz any help is greatly appreciated
3DA7F5E1-4A96-4C5C-98D8-6E337551B0B2.jpeg
F7CCBBBB-D3D5-4B2C-AA18-A1DA14583B0F.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I noticed these discoloration bumbs underneath her & her top scales have these weird things - she hasn’t shed really either her whole bellie underneath has never shed-ive used shed ease & soak her like 4times a week to try to help her- to loose many layers of skin-we hve made progress but it’s definitely a long process- her tail has never shed top or bottom-im still wrkin on tht too- but she has cracked shed & this little white things part of her shed- then today i saw these other things on her hind legs-wondering if possible MITS? i need to know if this is a concern & if so wht can i do to treat whtever is going on-plz any help is greatly appreciated View attachment 76435 View attachment 76436
We need AHBD or Tracie to help w/ this - they can recommend things that might help here
@AHBD
@Drache613

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't see anything off, can you be more specific ? All spikes + color looks normal. Uneven shed is not a problem, they will shed when it's time.

Letty

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Letty
I don't see anything off, can you be more specific ? All spikes + color looks normal. Uneven shed is not a problem, they will shed when it's time.
well her skin grew over were she goes to the bathroom-so not sure about when it’s time- she just don’t shed- not sure why- so i soak her on a regular & spray her- she finally started drinking water- which she didn’t do either- sometimes i think a 2nd one who is older would be helpful to teach her stuff- but im not getting another 1- she dont move much never really has -

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beardies can't teach other beardies how to behave, it would be nice if they could. :) They usually fight anyway.
Please post a pic of her underneath to show the area [ it's called the vent or cloaca ] that you're concerned about.

Letty

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Letty
Beardies can't teach other beardies how to behave, it would be nice if they could. :) They usually fight anyway.
Please post a pic of her underneath to show the area [ it's called the vent or cloaca ] that you're concerned about.
yeah i had a video but it’s to long- & now i did something i csnt take pics

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those bumpy scales are normal, lots of normal scaled dragons [ not transluscent or leatherback] have those. And yes, please get a pic of his underside.

Letty

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Letty
here’s a video i had to do it quick - so so fast but it wont even take an 12 sec video or 8sec or 7 seconds - FINALLY u can only post 5second videos

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those are femoral pores, males have prominent ones that can look a bit like a pimple. His don't look bad, nothing to worry about. You can give him a 5 minute warm soak a few times a week and gently stroke the spots with a soft toothbrush. BTW, up on his belly looked kind of like a scratch.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The best way to deal with the pore is to give them a piece of stone to rub them on, anything coarse, sandstone, limestone,basalt,granite ect. Just make sure no sharp edges that could injure him. They will keep them in good shape on their own.
As for the shedding, if i remember correctly you live here in vegas also, the humidity here is very low, you could add a bowl of water in his habitat or run a humidifier near his habitat to raise it some.
Don't try to squeeze the pore they could become inflamed or irritated.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom