HatchRite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i ordered hatchrite i read u dont add water to it..ok i get that but do i still add water to the incubator itself to keep humidity up??im guess i still would .but just checkin..all its a hovabator or however u spell it

john_ny217

Juvie Member
well i also have ordered hatchrite because it says you dont have to add water and all you do is take it out the bag and put it right in the container...however its not true. all they did is put perlite in the hatchrite bag...

you need to add water to the hatchrite to get it to the right consistency.

Beanie42

Juvie Member
I found this

"incubation bedding. The bag is re-sealable. Water is already added so you can just pour and go! HatchRite incubation substrate is formulated to give you better hatch rates, save you time on needlessly having to maintain the substrate, and takes the guesswork out preparing water to substrate ratios typically associated with other incubation methods"

so basically its just perilite with water already added. does the instructions on the incubator not tell you? does it have a humidity reading device where you can test and add watch if appropriate?

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
Hatchrite is suppose to have the water already added to the bag, so you pour and go... But I would never trust a company with getting the moisture content just right for every reptile, so if you know what your doing I would add a little bit of water to it, otherwise just pour and go.

Bottom line is yes you need to add water to the incubator for humidity regardless of your substrate choice... You should be shooting for 65%-80% humidity, but the correct moisture content in the substrate from the start will determine how well your eggs develop in the first several weeks, and if mold forms. Just remember the substrate should clump in your hand but should not be ringing wet, the analogy I always use is it should be of "sand castle" consistency but slightly drier...

Best of luck and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Anthony

BIGDBREEDER

Original Poster
well everything seems to be good got a temp of 83.7 and humidity is at 80% moister level is at the level of the hatchrite atleast real close to it eggs still all look good and plump so it must work ok..i did add alittle water to the hatchrite the other day..it just feels wierd to me after using vermiculite then going to this stuff i guess time will tell piece...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom