hatch time

Status
Not open for further replies.

backyard

Hello, :?:

On the 21st we watched a Bearded dragon lay about 10 eggs in our garden. How long will it be until they hatch? Do they hatch day or night? Concern is the local kookaburra's are always on the prowl and would no doubt like to make a meal of the little ones. The kids would also like to see them hatch if the timing is right. Main aim is to help them through the first few hours, any guidance or ideas :?: ?

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
How cool!!!!! I'm incredibly jealous! I wait for the day that I can see beardies in their own land! I know with captive bred dragons, 55-100 days are possible, but it depends on the average temperatures, and I've read somewhere that in the wild, they can delay hatching to some degree until temperature and weather conditions are right. Temps averaging 80-85 will probably see hatchlings in about two months. PM Kirby, one of the Australian members, who may have a much better answer for you.

backyard

Original Poster
Thanks, if your timing is right we might see them hatch on Australia day. The crew have already built a wire shelter to put over the top to give them a chance from hungry birds from above. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom