Hasn't eaten in 6 months

cjlars

My bearded dragon has not eaten in 6 months. He just turned 16 years old in November. So, I'm thinking he is checking out. I've tried all kinds of dragon preferred foods. I still offer him giant worms every 2 or 3 days. He's not interested. Tried all kinds of veggies. Gets the appropriate UV light and heat for basking. He does bask occasionally for a short time. I syringe feed him water every 2 or 3 days also. He only wants to lay in the bottom of his tank in the corner. Doesn't seem to have lost much weight. I know he is way at the end of the spectrum for bearded dragon longevity. He's 16 years old! Incredible!

Anyone have any thoughts?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 5 and Blaze is 3
My bearded dragon has not eaten in 6 months. He just turned 16 years old in November. So, I'm thinking he is checking out. I've tried all kinds of dragon preferred foods. I still offer him giant worms every 2 or 3 days. He's not interested. Tried all kinds of veggies. Gets the appropriate UV light and heat for basking. He does bask occasionally for a short time. I syringe feed him water every 2 or 3 days also. He only wants to lay in the bottom of his tank in the corner. Doesn't seem to have lost much weight. I know he is way at the end of the spectrum for bearded dragon longevity. He's 16 years old! Incredible!

Anyone have any thoughts?
@AHBD
@Drache613

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, that's an extraordinarily long life. I do believe that it is what you think and thankfully he's not suffering. You could try a little slurry but it won't likely extend his life. You did a great job to have a dragon reach 16 years ! I hope he can hang around a little longer for you but if not it was a really long , good life for a dragon.

cjlars

Original Poster
Wow, that's an extraordinarily long life. I do believe that it is what you think and thankfully he's not suffering. You could try a little slurry but it won't likely extend his life. You did a great job to have a dragon reach 16 years ! I hope he can hang around a little longer for you but if not it was a really long , good life for a dragon.
I tried slurries a few months ago. Veggie. Insect. Through a syringe. He spit quite a bit of it. Didn't seem right to keep doing it. So, I stopped. He gets 2 1/2 ml of water through a syringe every 2 - 3 days. Not all at once. Three separate plunges of the syringe. Swallows all of it. Fights me, though.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

you know that feeling when you want to change your profile picture, but like you don’t want to lose the good one you have? That’s me, right now
HELP WITH MY BEARDIE EGGS DONT WANT THEM TO DIE
lol i feel like i ask so many questions on this site but i just love it here!
so many questions & not enough days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinzNuminex1389
Top Bottom