Hasn’t shed in ages

Smaugthebeardy!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
My beardy is 1 year and 7 months old, she shed a lot when she was young probably at 1-6 months old was when she shed the most. She hasn’t shed her full body from anywhere from 8-12 months can’t remember exactly but I know it’s been about that and just wondering if that’s normal? It just seems like a long time to not shed her full body. She has shed her tail and feet multiple times over and over again but hasn’t shed her body in probably closer to 12 months? Just seem odd?

Solution
totally normal. as they get older, the shed gets more patchy, like you're describing, and takes longer to happen. Sir Henry just shed part of his face. his last shed was his back about a year ago. he's just about 3.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
totally normal. as they get older, the shed gets more patchy, like you're describing, and takes longer to happen. Sir Henry just shed part of his face. his last shed was his back about a year ago. he's just about 3.

Solution

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thread type changed from Discussion Thread to Question Thread by Moderator.

Friendly reminder to utilize the Question Thread option to help future users with a similar question.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I agree with those who posted before me. I checked my notes and thought the same about Rocky and boom, this morning he's miserable!!!!!! There was a small piece of shed under his eye two days ago but today he hasn't asked to get out and he's in total misery. It's just the start so here we go!!!
Before you know it, you'll be singing the same song. The good news, our beardies will be continuing to grow heathy and strong.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom