Hasn’t pooped

Beardie name(s)
Smaug
This has never happened before or atleasy not for this amount of time, Smaug hasn’t pooped in 1-2 weeks and I’m starting to get worried, she looks very bloated and a lot bite her than she usually does, I’ve been giving her warm baths every 2 days or so because she hates baths and I don’t like puting her in situations she dosnt like but I don’t really have a choice, but it hasn’t been helping, so I’m just wondering if I should be worried or not? She gets fed 5 crickets once every 2 days and salad every day but she never eats it if that helps at all?
Thanks for the help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
This has never happened before or atleasy not for this amount of time, Smaug hasn’t pooped in 1-2 weeks and I’m starting to get worried, she looks very bloated and a lot bite her than she usually does, I’ve been giving her warm baths every 2 days or so because she hates baths and I don’t like puting her in situations she dosnt like but I don’t really have a choice, but it hasn’t been helping, so I’m just wondering if I should be worried or not? She gets fed 5 crickets once every 2 days and salad every day but she never eats it if that helps at all?
Thanks for the help.
How old is Smaug? Adult dragons can take up to a month to poop- w/ the dragon not eating salads is he /she drinking in the bath? They do need to stay hydrated but too many baths will dry the scales out- try feeding some baby food pumpkin w/ a drop of olive oil and drop of honey in it -- keep feeding till he / she poops- have you tried any type of luring to the salad bowl? Like super worms? BSFL? Mealworms? Silk worms? Horn worms?

Smaugthebeardy!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
How old is Smaug? Adult dragons can take up to a month to poop- w/ the dragon not eating salads is he /she drinking in the bath? They do need to stay hydrated but too many baths will dry the scales out- try feeding some baby food pumpkin w/ a drop of olive oil and drop of honey in it -- keep feeding till he / she poops- have you tried any type of luring to the salad bowl? Like super worms? BSFL? Mealworms? Silk worms? Horn worms?
She’s is 1year and 5 months old and I give her water out of a syringe because she’s dosnt like drinking in the bath, she seems to think that she dosnt need water🤦‍♀️but I heard that mealworms can give them impaction because they are hard to digest? Is this right? And you can’t seem to get any other type of worm where I live, the only other thing is BSFL but she dosnt like that. She will eat the salad SOMETIMES but most of the time she won’t even touch it. I will get some baby food to give to her next time I go to the shops, thanks for the help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She’s is 1year and 5 months old and I give her water out of a syringe because she’s dosnt like drinking in the bath, she seems to think that she dosnt need water🤦‍♀️but I heard that mealworms can give them impaction because they are hard to digest? Is this right? And you can’t seem to get any other type of worm where I live, the only other thing is BSFL but she dosnt like that. She will eat the salad SOMETIMES but most of the time she won’t even touch it. I will get some baby food to give to her next time I go to the shops, thanks for the help
Please order on line for your insects and worms -- its cheaper --
www.dubiaroaches.com
www.reptilianarts.com
www.abdragons.com
www.symtonbsf.com
Silk worms are another staple and stick to everything- put those on top of the salads -- horn worms are a great hydrating worm and grow very fast --

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
I've resorted to spraying down crickets when I suspect dehydration. Beebz doesn't like to drink either but does a decent job with his salad so usually I just spray that thoroughly.

Also make sure the crickets themselves are hydrated. When the humidity gets low I've had them dry out and die in 2 days when I wasn't on top of it.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom