Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
KarrieRee":1dm32o83 said:
You dont want them to black beard--- that is a sign of distress or pain
Karrie

Karrie, not always. It is also a sign of territorial behavior, or a signal to the female that the male is wanting to breed.

NibblezBeardie":1dm32o83 said:
I have a 9 month old, when do they first start blackbearding?

Typically a dragon housed alone won't black beard very often, if at all. It usually takes seeing another dragon to cause it. From there the territorial (or mating... :lol: ) ritual begins. Sometimes they will black beard for seemingly random reasons.

But if your dragon is ever expressing a black beard and that is accompanied by sickly or lethargic behavior, that would be a sign of serious distress or pain like Karrie mentioned. :)

-Brandon

NibblezBeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":398g1qvw said:
Karrie, not always. It is also a sign of territorial behavior, or a signal to the female that the male is wanting to
I have also heard that once they figure out they can do it, they do it all the time for fun. :roll:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
All dragons will black beard ---- if its breeding season like Brandon said they will do it ---- if your dragon is in distress or in pain they will do it ----- that is NOT a good sign ---
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
When the males do it as part of "struttin' their stuff"--along with all the head-bobbing, waving, & foot-stomping--it can really crack me up. :lol: Kinda like when a male dog tries so hard to mark a tree higher than any other dog that he winds up tipping/falling over backward... :laughhard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom