Has anybody here owned a Borneo Python?

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
I really want to get a Blood, but I am limited for space in my room (what with a 120 beardie viv and Cu in a very small bedroom, I'm tight already), and I was reading something about Borneo Pythons. Has anybody here had a Borneo? I have a few questions.

1. Will most Borneos readily accept f/t rats? (Cu will only eat live; I love the rats, but they are such a hassle. I would be ecstatic if I got a f/t eater. I hear Bloods usually eat f/t...)

2. I know they can be nippy, and I'm a-ok with a nip or two, but how nippy? I would get a hatchling or juvie.

3. Where could I get a CB one? I don't want a wild caught or even a captive hatched. There are *never* any expos in my area, much to my dismay, so that is not an option. Anyone know of any reputable online breeders that will ship?

4. How much should I expect to pay for a healthy CB hatchling or juvie?

Trogdor80

Hatchling Member
The bloods I keept till I could find a home where rather nippy(but they was raised by people that didn't know what they was doing with herps)

The ones I had ate prekilled good, I never tried F/T because I breed my feeder hamsters. But if they eat one I wacked in the head I'd think they'd eat a F/T

Where they are known for being nippy I'd say go for a hatchling or juvie, not an adult. That way you could keep its nippyness to a minimum.

As far as breeders/pet shops, I'm not sure who to recommend because mine was rescues and not bought, but there are 2 different herp shops in Knoxville that have captive breed ones if you happen to be close to here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom