Hanging UVB inside the tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
I recently found out that instead of the 48" UVB T5 HO 10.0 Reptisun bulb I have, I need the 24" version, because the full tank length is too much. (the users that help me out a lot, like Karrie, helped me with that and I am very grateful).

Obviously, that is very frustrating, because the hood and the bulb at a reptile expo were over 100- and to get a new one it would be another hundred. It's very frustrating to explain to my dad, who kindly purchased it for me, that I need another one because I messed up, lol.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I don't know if there is a cheaper hood or hanging device somewhere, and i want to hang it from the inside.

Thanks,
FlapJack and I

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can cover half the 48" up w/a like a towel or small blanket or dish towels or something that is easy-- see if that helps -- the 24" fixture is around $50 and the bulb around $20 -- so your looking at under $100 ---
https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood?variant=40651 this place is out of stock now as well but they have free shipping at $49 plus you would need to buy the 22" bulb --
another place thats good is https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html they have low shipping and they are out of stock as well
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom