Hammock

Status
Not open for further replies.

DracoDK

I wanted to buy a hammock for my beardie, but i have read that their feet / nails get stuck in the hammock.
Is there any other product you could recommend, or make them your selves?
I remember seeing a post on here about hammocks, but i cant find it anymore:( help please!

koilover512

Hatchling Member
I use one of the green hammocks for reptiles and haven’t had an issue. You could try and use a cloth hammock like a ferret one. Some people also make their own. I believe you can find some post in the DIY area.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Lexi has a ferret hammock. They are fleece and come in cool colors and designs :) try a ferret hammock, they rock :)
-Em

david0501

Juvie Member
Personally, Oscar is WAY to big to just chill on the hammock, but he usually puts his front legs on it to get closer to the heat bulb.

DracoDK

Original Poster
david0501":3nkpafch said:
Personally, Oscar is WAY to big to just chill on the hammock, but he usually puts his front legs on it to get closer to the heat bulb.
Oscar has a very pretty color. I was hoping for mine to become just as red, as sandfire / red beardies are my favorite :) !!!
but it is more for a juvenile lil fella to chill on i think he will enjoy it!

ultimatecin

I have the reptile hammock for Bilia and I have noticed that his claws are starting to get caught but at the same time he has adjusted the way he moves on it. It doesn't seem to bother him. I was just thinking though last night that I may need to do something else for him as this may not be a problem now but it could become one. I like the cloth hammock shown. I bet I could craft something up here at home and use the same suction cups from the one I purchased.

DracoDK

Original Poster
I made my own hammock homemade until i figure out a better method.
Used simple material (cloth hangers with glue on the back) and just some cloth and fleece on top to keep him warm.

Heres the picture :)

attachment.php

he loves laying on this hammock, good investment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom