Hammock or No Hammock that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

koilover512

Hatchling Member
So I have been looking around on the site and well I have noticed that a lot of people have a hammock. Is a hammock worth it? Will my beardie fall in love with the hammock and never want to leave it. I just want to know peoples opinions and experiences with the hammock. THANKS

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
That all depends on your beardie.

Mine won't use it, but others sleep on them.

you could try making a simple hammock to see if your beardie will use it.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
All 3 of mine love their hammocks, although right now only one of them has one, heh. But yea, they all love them so much that if the hammock is moved to the cool side of the tank, they'll sit over there on the hammock and not bask - so I compromise and put it just under the basking light so that they can climb from that spot to the hammock. Seems to work well. My girl with the hammock now will bask for awhile then scoot onto the hammock when she's had enough, but it's close enough to the light that she won't get chilly sitting on the cool side.

koilover512

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
JenFid":1t6noptl said:
All 3 of mine love their hammocks, although right now only one of them has one, heh. But yea, they all love them so much that if the hammock is moved to the cool side of the tank, they'll sit over there on the hammock and not bask - so I compromise and put it just under the basking light so that they can climb from that spot to the hammock. Seems to work well. My girl with the hammock now will bask for awhile then scoot onto the hammock when she's had enough, but it's close enough to the light that she won't get chilly sitting on the cool side.

That is so cute that they love their hammock that much. its like a mini crack addiction lol

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Both of mine have hammocks, blankies and pillows and sleep on them every night. I have put them on the cool side and take them out during the day and put their trees back in to play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom