Gut loading Dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys got a batch of dubias and I'm just wondering about specifically food and water to gut load them. I been doing sweet potatoes for hydration and eating is there perhaps a salad mic or something i can use like for example sweet potatoes greens and some fruit mix it up and your good to go. I have kale collard greens watercress and sweet potatoes readily available but np with buying other food if needed. I remember I read to give crickets tropical fish food it'll give them all the vitamins and nutrition to gut load them not sure if this works with Dubias

NOTE: they are new to me I didn't even know I had to dust them like crickets

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dubias don't tend to be very picky, but my colony has its favorites. They do just fine eating leftover salads and other beardie safe veg scraps (avoid things like onions). My roaches LOVE squash and pumpkin as well as orange slices. Some people offer more protein with things like chicken feed or kibble, but I've had good luck keeping my colony healthy without offering those.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":22atzya8 said:
Dubias don't tend to be very picky, but my colony has its favorites. They do just fine eating leftover salads and other beardie safe veg scraps (avoid things like onions). My roaches LOVE squash and pumpkin as well as orange slices. Some people offer more protein with things like chicken feed or kibble, but I've had good luck keeping my colony healthy without offering those.
I thought of orange slices but heard the citrus could upset a beardies stomach. And i didnt think of butternut squash and salad scraps may toss a few in there along with some beardie friendly fruits and veggies he isnt a salad eater so that could work

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't noticed a problem with the orange slices, but I feed them just as an occasional treat for the colony rather than a regular offering. They mainly eat leftover salads which tend to be heavy on squash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom