Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PARK963

Original Poster
He's a silly reptile. Has these nice pretty branches to crawl up and down but he jumps instead.

He also sits and watches the tv while it is on. Silly silly reptile.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
All 5 of my dragons like to watch TV. I have Disney Jr on all day and they particular shows that they like. And he is at the jumping stage and will be for awhile. Nathaniel's favourite jump, is if I'm not looking when he's in his bath, he'll jump out of it onto the counter, jump down and just roam in the kitchen, dining room area. He's my brat LOL

PARK963

Original Poster
He is a silly reptile. His body started to shed after his bath tonight and he is walking back and forth on his stone dragging his body. Silly boy.

We also have seen him puff his "beard" up tonight for the first time. Then, he will kind look like he is trying to puke. Then he will drag his body back across the rock again. Hope that is normal.

Edit: he looks really fat too like he swallowed a bunch of air. Normal?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's trying to get the shed off, it's all normal. They like rough things to rub that old skin on, it gets tight and itchy until it comes off. So expect that. The beard is puffing out to puff the skin to stretch it and eventually break it so the shedding starts. All normal.

So Merry Christmas from my and mine to you and yours. I took some pics, hope you don't mind if I post them here:
Cierra
11887-5305354358.jpg

Gabriel:
11887-731165284.jpg

Nathaniel:
11887-5830776766.jpg

Castiel:
11887-3415564001.jpg

Leo:
11887-3787058597.jpg

Some were more enthusiastic than others :roll: :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks, first time I've ever done that! I'm glad they turned out so well, even though the last 3, Nathaniel, Castiel and Leo were less than impressed, especially Castiel, he took off as soon as I took that picture. He's 2nd from the last, my youngest. Least impressed :lol:

PARK963

Original Poster
Well...full body shed is complete.

He really is not much of an eater. We are somewhere between 20-30 Phoenix worms and crickets combined a day. He always eats a bit of salad everyday as well.

I was honestly expecting more from everything that I had read going into it.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi appetite might increase now that he's shed, you'll have to see how that goes. Or you could contact the breeder to find out what he ate before he came to you. We went over your set up a few times, as long as his basking spot is 105-108 continually, then he's got the heat and I know the UVB is inside the tank, so that's what he needs, too. You're giving him regular baths, too, right? That's also important, especially in the winter when the heating is on. Can't think of anything else.

PARK963

Original Poster
Still not eating all that much but he has been super active. He is getting a bath minimum every other day if not everyday. Just seems to be not much of an eater.

Basking temps right in the hotspot are 108.2 with a laser temp gun and rest of tank ranges from 79 - 83.

He has been showing some personality the last couple days. Been fun to watch.

Patrick

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Is he liking the temps, basking fine? If not, lower the temps to 105F, see if he has more appetite like that. Glad he's really active. Do you get him out alot? That's also important.

Can't believe Xmas is almost here, have a wonderful one!

PARK963

Original Poster
He spends most of his time off the center of the "hot" zone but still under the lights but sometimes right in the zone.

From a non expert point of view, I kinda like that he can move around to different temperatures on that rock.

Patrick.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So reduce the heat to 105F, he'll still be able to move around but he needs to be able to bask comfortably for at least 2 hours after eating and that's right under the light. Give that a try.

Reptiphile84

My dragon is Super active but brumated the fall. My lizard is 15months approximately. Whenever I am home, he wants out. While out, the lizard explores and climbs-- a lot! As an adult, he is much more a tive than he was as a baby and juvenile. I blame the UVB, and so far I believe I just have an active and healthy lizard. He eats and defecates regularly and his body mass is good at just over 1 US lb. Appros 490grams. The lizard with a nubbed tail is 15inches, with a body length greater than tail length. I do not forsee any future growth in length. I do want to know why He is so active. I know temps are fine. Diet and bowl movements are regular, and with excersise increased muscle mass has been achieved.

PARK963

Original Poster
Well, Gus has found his appetite. The last three days he has polished off 20-30 Phoenix worms that I put in in the morning and then 20-30 small crickets in the afternoon as well. I have yet to see him eat it the last couple days but it appears he also picks at his salad during the day. He is not a fan of the spaghetti squash that we have for this week though.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Try butternut squash, all dragons seem to love it.

I'm so glad he found his appetite, but it doesn't surprise me at all. I have a feeling you're going to be order lots more feeders going forward :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom