[GUIDE] Waxworm breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh yes!! I am curious as well! :D

I have been procrastinating because I haven't been able to find any stinkin glycerin.

-Brandon

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
My AGS had just stopped carrying it, wally world said try CVS nearest CVS is about 80 miles away so I checked amazon lol Took 6 days if you count sunday.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Interesting i cannot find it online, I know I did pick it up while I was looking at the betadine though... :?

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Carnivorouszoo":oxnru6ld said:
Any update? I just got mine setup and was wondering how yours is doing.

*** Sigh *** Nothing yet, I'm still thinking I need to heat the container to 85 degrees. I don't have anyplace to heat it up at the moment.

EXOTIXSA

Hatchling Member
Care if I join in... :p

All my moths have kicked the bucket, I removed them and placed my substrate (Honey, WeetBix, Pronutro, Glycerine and a bit of golden Syprup, I also have beehive wax and honey combs pieces in there, the beekeeper was nice enough to include some) inside the container, it's pretty warm in my reptile room around 28 degrees celcius. I"m just wondering how long it will take for tiny worms to emerge.

Things is I have not seen an egg at all, I've looked and looked, I've even used a magnifying glass.

:banghead:

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
EXOTIXSA":21tbtm4j said:
Care if I join in... :p

All my moths have kicked the bucket, I removed them and placed my substrate (Honey, WeetBix, Pronutro, Glycerine and a bit of golden Syprup, I also have beehive wax and honey combs pieces in there, the beekeeper was nice enough to include some) inside the container, it's pretty warm in my reptile room around 28 degrees celcius. I"m just wondering how long it will take for tiny worms to emerge.

Things is I have not seen an egg at all, I've looked and looked, I've even used a magnifying glass.

:banghead:

I was told a week to 10 days for the eggs to hatch. I haven't seen anything either but my temperatures are probably too low. I'm thinking I might put a heating pad under the container to see what happens. I'm losing hope that I will see any worms hatch :cry:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just now got Glycerin, so hopefully I can set up a little experiment today :)

Just to clarify, ATM what are your temps at Larry?

-Brandon

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1sbwrwut said:
I just now got Glycerin, so hopefully I can set up a little experiment today :)

Just to clarify, ATM what are your temps at Larry?

-Brandon

right now the temps are around 70 during the day which I know are too cold. I've read that it should be around 85 throughout the whole process. I've also read the mid 70s would be ok but it would take longer for the process to take place.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh good, the closet I would be keeping them in stays about 80 thanks to my dubia bins heating pad lol.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom