GRRRR!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerl19

I have 2 pieces of drift wood in my 20L tank for my baby beardie. He eats when he wants. i put crickets in in the morning and at night, and i thought he had been eating a lot and tonight when i cleaned out his tank i noticed a lot of crickets have been hiding in the holes on the underside of the drift wood :( and when they hide he cant eat them! he doesnt eat all the crickets at once when i put them in so i cant take everything out and give him crickets then put everything back in. Do any of you have this problem ??? or have any ideas on how to fix it?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Well the best thing to do is feed him in a seperate feeder tank.You shouldnt leave crix in the tank for longer then 15 minutes or they can bite him or harass him and he wont eat as much as he should.Its typically recommended to offer him as many as he can eat 3x a day for 15 minutes at a time then remove them while he is a baby or a juvie.He will adjust to the feeding schedule when he realizes there wont be a constant supply.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
I use minimal furniture in my cages just for that reason. Although it is a HUGE point of contention between my wife and I, I refuse to let the feeders hide, then come out at night.

Jeff

tylerl19

Original Poster
but the drift wood is what he uses to bask and the other is in the middle of the tank in the back and he hops back and forth then jumps into his water dish. he needs the driftwood to bask

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Please get a rubbermaid storage tote to feed him in. Take him out of his 20 gal tank for 15 minutes to feed him then put him back in his tank,that way he can eat,but no danger of leaving crickets in his tank,they will bite.This way you don't have to remove his drift wood everytime you feed.
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom