Growing so fast 🥹🥹🥹

Alinannyms

Beardie name(s)
Marcy
Hey guys! Super excited! The other day was Marcy's 1 month anniversary of settling in here 🥳🥳🥳! It's crazy just how much he's grown and how much more I've gotten to know him! On the 5th of the month, he was around seven inches, but now he's up to a hefty ten! I've definitely noticed that he's gotten bigger, but it's shocking to see how much he's really grown. Honestly, I'm still not sure what his age is. I think he's somewhere in the 3-4 month range, but if so then... Petco sold me a VERY young animal. Thankfully, no health problems so far, and he's the best eater I've seen. I let him out at least once a day, but things are still making progress on that front. My only complaint so far has been that this damn reptile carpet is so hard to clean and I HATE it. I would switch to paper towels, but he poops like clockwork every day so I would end up tearing the whole thing apart each day. Oh well. His enclosure will be upgraded to a 4x2 in a couple months anyways, and I'll either do bioactive or tile, so I'll just have to bear with it for now. The only behavior that really worries me is that he constantly scratches at my computer glass and the monitor. I'm not sure if it's stress, he's trying to climb, or just doesn't get it, so I'll leave a video below.

Overall, I'm happy to have such a healthy and loving guy with me! It's really added something and broken up the monotony of my daily life, and he's really adorable. I'm excited to keep watching him grow and raise him as my own. Everyone here has been a huge help in all of this, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You guys are the BEST!

Attachments

• 20230127_154433.mp4
    2.4 MB

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Hey guys! Super excited! The other day was Marcy's 1 month anniversary of settling in here 🥳🥳🥳! It's crazy just how much he's grown and how much more I've gotten to know him! On the 5th of the month, he was around seven inches, but now he's up to a hefty ten! I've definitely noticed that he's gotten bigger, but it's shocking to see how much he's really grown. Honestly, I'm still not sure what his age is. I think he's somewhere in the 3-4 month range, but if so then... Petco sold me a VERY young animal. Thankfully, no health problems so far, and he's the best eater I've seen. I let him out at least once a day, but things are still making progress on that front. My only complaint so far has been that this damn reptile carpet is so hard to clean and I HATE it. I would switch to paper towels, but he poops like clockwork every day so I would end up tearing the whole thing apart each day. Oh well. His enclosure will be upgraded to a 4x2 in a couple months anyways, and I'll either do bioactive or tile, so I'll just have to bear with it for now. The only behavior that really worries me is that he constantly scratches at my computer glass and the monitor. I'm not sure if it's stress, he's trying to climb, or just doesn't get it, so I'll leave a video below.

Overall, I'm happy to have such a healthy and loving guy with me! It's really added something and broken up the monotony of my daily life, and he's really adorable. I'm excited to keep watching him grow and raise him as my own. Everyone here has been a huge help in all of this, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You guys are the BEST!
Hey, you got hair like my brother Trev.!
I can see you through the glass.

Congrats.!
He might be young but he sounds like a strong adventurer.
I recommend rubber liners you can buy on Amazon.
Reptile carpets are nice.
I also recommend spot cleaning W/ F10SC; I've also had luck with the wipeout. My only complaint is it comes in a small fashioned bottle & it doesn't last very long.

F10SC
Do a proper 1:500 for normal concentration.
Do a proper 1:250 for a higher concentration if he's sick.

4X2X2 tanks are very nice. I can link you to the one I use.
It was cheap. I might have to staple a few staples into the inside of the screen, so it doesn't fall in when the cat sits on it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds like everything is going well with your Marcy ! As for the scratching or trying to climb you computer that's nothing unusual. Just like babies and toddlers they don't understand what every day household items are. Watch what he climbs on because they will poo on anything, including a warm keyboard. Also be VERY careful of small items laying around that Marcy can fit in his mouth. Beardies will try to eat rubber bands, coins, paper clips, pills, etc.

Alinannyms

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Marcy
Hey, you got hair like my brother Trev.!
I can see you through the glass.

Congrats.!
He might be young but he sounds like a strong adventurer.
I recommend rubber liners you can buy on Amazon.
Reptile carpets are nice.
I also recommend spot cleaning W/ F10SC; I've also had luck with the wipeout. My only complaint is it comes in a small fashioned bottle & it doesn't last very long.

F10SC
Do a proper 1:500 for normal concentration.
Do a proper 1:250 for a higher concentration if he's sick.

4X2X2 tanks are very nice. I can link you to the one I use.
It was cheap. I might have to staple a few staples into the inside of the screen, so it doesn't fall in when the cat sits on it.
Lol yeah, my hair's always been a little curly. Marcy likes it though, since it's easy for him to climb on. Definitely looking into the rubber liner and the F10SC, as of now I'd just been spraying it down with a 50% vinegar and water mix, which has been hit or miss. Would love to see that 4x2x2 tank, all the ones I can find are pretty dang expensive.
Sounds like everything is going well with your Marcy ! As for the scratching or trying to climb you computer that's nothing unusual. Just like babies and toddlers they don't understand what every day household items are. Watch what he climbs on because they will poo on anything, including a warm keyboard. Also be VERY careful of small items laying around that Marcy can fit in his mouth. Beardies will try to eat rubber bands, coins, paper clips, pills, etc.
I assumed so, it was just constant to the point I was worried he was scared. At one point, I thought it was the light that he was looking at, so I covered it with a blanket... buuut then he climbed up the blanket and made it all the way back up to his tank lol. Surprisingly, I've found he doesn't like pooping anywhere unfamiliar. More recently, I've been trying to plop him in the bath when it's usually time, but he waits until he's dry again to poop in the same spot every day. I've definitely been mindful of the small objects, and have taken great care to keep him from scurrying off when he's out. I've found his favorite place to be is to sit right on top of one of my controllers or my Nintendo Switch and look at the screen while I'm working :LOL: . It's super cute!

Attachments

• 1674932827432.jpg
    1674932827432.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 57

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Read the reviews and do some research.
New Age EcoFlex.

When I got mine, I was afraid the screen might fall in for a cat so I might pick up a staple gun & shoot some staples into the inside of the tank.
Also had a minor defect.

You can get a Zen for a similar price...
I got the ExoFlex because of the Affirm payment plans.

Here's the Zen; Zen Habitat 4X2X2 They also offer a payment plan through shop pay.

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Do you know
Read the reviews and do some research.
New Age EcoFlex.

When I got mine, I was afraid the screen might fall in for a cat so I might pick up a staple gun & shoot some staples into the inside of the tank.
Also had a minor defect.

You can get a Zen for a similar price...
I got the ExoFlex because of the Affirm payment plans.

Here's the Zen; Zen Habitat 4X2X2 They also offer a payment plan through shop pay.
Do you know of any good stands for the 120 gallon tanks?

Bonzo

Beardie name(s)
Indy
Outstanding work!

Our Gotcha Day was one week ago. Indy is still about 8-8 1/2 inches. When Size 10 happens, that will be great. :D I'll plan a weight check in grams, tomorrow. Still not sure what container to use for that to keep her still.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
Do you know

Do you know of any good stands for the 120 gallon tanks?
we got two unfinished kitchen cabinets from home depot and painted them to match the room. perfect size, about half the size of an actual dragon enclosure stand, and tons of storage. there's a picture in my profile if you wanna check it out.

edit: oops! that should say half the cost of a stand, not half the size.

Last edited:

Alinannyms

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Marcy
Outstanding work!

Our Gotcha Day was one week ago. Indy is still about 8-8 1/2 inches. When Size 10 happens, that will be great. :D I'll plan a weight check in grams, tomorrow. Still not sure what container to use for that to keep her still.
When I was measuring my guy, I just used a slick tupperware container. It wasn't his favorite, and it took him a bit to slow back down, but eventually I was able to tame the wiggleworm in him. I'm not sure if it's important, but I would recommend taking the weight AFTER she's pooped. That seems to not only make them calmer, but probably gives a slightly more accurate weight.
This is really pretty... I think I'm gonna try and get this one, get a cabinet or something to put it on. Thank you for the advice!

Edit: Ah, one more thing. My father owns a remodeling business. He says that he would let me use some leftover vinyl flooring as a substrate. I said I was worried it would be too slick, he said it shouldn't be a problem. Thoughts? It would save me a bit of cash.

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
we got two unfinished kitchen cabinets from home depot and painted them to match the room. perfect size, about half the size of an actual dragon enclosure stand, and tons of storage. there's a picture in my profile if you wanna check it out.

edit: oops! that should say half the cost of a stand, not half the size.
Nice, and VERY good idea. Thanks!

HyperLollipop

Beardie name(s)
Herman
If he poops in the same spot every day, a good idea might be to put a piece of paper towel in that spot so it's easier to clean up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom