growing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerl19

Hey everyone, I have had my beardie now since before thanksgiving and he hasnt really grown very much. He eats whenever he feels like it and mows down on crickets calcium worms and wax worms. he will not eat veggies to save his life. When i got my little guy i was under the impression that they grow FAST but he is still a little dinker. Yes, his temps are right and he has the correct UVB (reptisun 10.0) and he has repti carpet. is there a point in which they grow a lot? im still waiting... :?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

Sorry your little guy isn't growing much. How often do you feed him and how many crickets/worms are you giving him at a feeding? The little boogers don't always take to the veggies right away, but still offer fresh veggies daily.

They do most of their growing in the first year...so yes he should be showing some growth by now.

I know you said your lighting is correct, but could you tell us what his temps are on both the basking and cool side. Also how close can he get to his basking and uvb bulbs?

Dawn

tylerl19

Original Poster
His basking temps are 110 and his cool temp is 75-80. he can climb onto his drift wook for his basking temps but its about 8 inches away...but if he got closer it'd be too hot. and his UVB is a strip light so it covers 3/4 of the tank so he can get anywhere from 8 inches to 4 inches away. he eats about 10 calci worms a few waxies and maybe some crickets. i dont know why he doesnt eat a lot but i cant force him..and he poops plentyyyyyy believe me! hes probably between 4-6 months old. I have had him since november 25th and he has shed his tail,body and head once, and is currently about to shed his tail again. i thought i was doing everything right... :oops:

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
You may be. They really go through spurts overnight. I measured my guys last week and they had not grown in about a month. Measured them last night and they both had grown an inch in a week.

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
See I never feel like my guy is growing but then when people that come over that haven't seen him in awhile, say he's gotten huge. Without measuring them regularly, its hard to tell they are growing since you see them everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom