Growing frustration

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
It's been like four days, Toothless will only eat maybe 6 or 7 crickets at a time and will only eat a few bites of his salad throughout the day, literally only three or four. Which is way different from his 15 to 20 crickets a sitting and eating 90% of his salad. He refuses to get off of his hide, but that may be because it's under his basking light and a tiny bit taller than his other stuff. I turned his lights on 30-45 minutes ago and he never left his bed, he just laid there looking around like he does everymorning. I got him out and he's alert and stuff but he was sitting on chris' chest and he just barely barely cracked his mouth open and then closed it. And I think he did it again, but it's just barely. Surely that doesn't mean anything.?

If he is dehydrated, is there any particular baby food that would help more.? We have organic pumpkin and I think organic apple, maybe prune. Would it help with dehydration, if that's part of the problem.? He looks okay, right.? His eyes don't look sunken or anything.?

Attachments

• 16710346759577486796886471733571.jpg
    16710346759577486796886471733571.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 85

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It's been like four days, Toothless will only eat maybe 6 or 7 crickets at a time and will only eat a few bites of his salad throughout the day, literally only three or four. Which is way different from his 15 to 20 crickets a sitting and eating 90% of his salad. He refuses to get off of his hide, but that may be because it's under his basking light and a tiny bit taller than his other stuff. I turned his lights on 30-45 minutes ago and he never left his bed, he just laid there looking around like he does everymorning. I got him out and he's alert and stuff but he was sitting on chris' chest and he just barely barely cracked his mouth open and then closed it. And I think he did it again, but it's just barely. Surely that doesn't mean anything.?

If he is dehydrated, is there any particular baby food that would help more.? We have organic pumpkin and I think organic apple, maybe prune. Would it help with dehydration, if that's part of the problem.? He looks okay, right.? His eyes don't look sunken or anything.?
He looks good- he's eating that's good- he's basking that's good - I wouldn't worry about him- rinse your salads before serving he will get hydration thru them-- I would not give him any prune juice or pumpkin unless he's constipated -

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
He looks good- he's eating that's good- he's basking that's good - I wouldn't worry about him- rinse your salads before serving he will get hydration thru them-- I would not give him any prune juice or pumpkin unless he's constipated -
That's the thing, he won't eat his salad until the end of the day and it's literally just a bite or two and by that time, it's gross and all dried out and stuff. Should I spritz it every so often to keep it moist.?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That's the thing, he won't eat his salad until the end of the day and it's literally just a bite or two and by that time, it's gross and all dried out and stuff. Should I spritz it every so often to keep it moist.?
You can and some dragons like it like that- there are a few on this forum that eat salads like that- he's eating some that's good

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
You can and some dragons like it like that- there are a few on this forum that eat salads like that- he's eating some that's good
Man I'm never going to survive if they brumate.😅 he just seems like he's feeling blah. He doesn't want to be out, he's almost frantic to go back into his tank, but he is basking/pooping and eating a little

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Man I'm never going to survive if they brumate.😅 he just seems like he's feeling blah. He doesn't want to be out, he's almost frantic to go back into his tank, but he is basking/pooping and eating a little
Ok so leave him in his tank then

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Ok so leave him in his tank then
He's become terrified of our overhead fan recently and I've no idea why. We've had him since September and it's never bothered him. But now, whether it's on or off, he just stays hunkered against his hide, staring up at it and I don't know how to fix that. I think that'd partly why he won't eat much.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You can use pedilite to help hydrate, i used the grape on my new female Sweet Pea i also added liquid calcium to it, she drank it pretty good (she was pretty dehydrated when i first got her).

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom