green fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
bmmst1":22cc8 said:
i have a question actually about his viv. its a 30 gal 30 l 12 w 12 h he is 10 inches at how bg should i upgrade? hes going to have a new home made viv in dec. its gonna be pretty big. basically the size of my empty wall haha its i think 60 l 30 w and 20 h if i remember correctly

Well the rule of thumb is they have to have enough room to fully turn around their bodies.So if its 12 wide then you dont have much space left I wouldnt wait much more then the 12 inch mark.How old is he again?

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
im not really sure i had him since june and he was 5 1/2 inches. so 4 months? im not sure mayne il hut a 40 gal until his home made viv is made

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
He is ok in what you have for right now he still small I think he will be fine until December.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ok now he s acting really weird, i wish i knew what was wrong with him, he has his appetite and everything. but he wont walk, he crawls. and he has been bearding all day, something is wrong but i have no idea, i just wish he could speak and let me know, could bthis be because he just finished shedding? here is a video of him bearding, he did this for about 10mins then i had to leave so i have no idea when he stopped.

http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/n405/bmmst1/firecracker/?action=view&current=0930081332a.flv

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So, he's been doing that a lot today? What did he eat today? Could he have gotten a cricket or worm that was a little too large? Has he had a poop today? You might want to either give him a warm bath or give him a drink from a medicine dropper, either diluted Pedialtye, juice or even plain water. Has he had a dark beard or tail today?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Yes please answer Diamc's questions but dont panic just yet.Is his beard in shed?Sometimes they do this to loosen up their shed.I would definately give him a bath.How is he now?

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
he pooped twice today, no he had phoenix worms today, there is no way they're too big haha and he eats the small crickets, im too afraid to give him the bigger ones. it dosent seem to look like his beard is in shed, i cam home he wasn't puffed but his beard was all black so i shut his lights off a hour after dinner, he did drink today. i always give him drinks daily. he drinks out of his water dish but i still give it to him through a dripper just to make sure hes actially drinking,

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
bmmst1":053b1 said:
he pooped twice today, no he had phoenix worms today, there is no way they're too big haha and he eats the small crickets, im too afraid to give him the bigger ones. it dosent seem to look like his beard is in shed, i cam home he wasn't puffed but his beard was all black so i shut his lights off a hour after dinner, he did drink today. i always give him drinks daily. he drinks out of his water dish but i still give it to him through a dripper just to make sure hes actially drinking,
Can you possibly get him to a vet.It is possible he may be showing early symptoms of an RI.If his beard was black for that long I dont think its just shed.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think a vet appt would be a good idea. Do you have any probiotics on hand like Benebac or Acidophilis that you could give him tomorrow morning in case his tummy is upset?

RI is upper respiratory infection, something that he will need antibiotics for if he has one. If you can't get him in to see a vet in the am, then a warm bath and some probiotics wouldn't be a bad idea.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
RI is respiratory Infection and they do sometimes beard out when they have it to get more air.Glad your able to call the vet and yes if you have probiotics to give him tonight that would be good.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diamc":1bf81 said:
I think a vet appt would be a good idea. Do you have any probiotics on hand like Benebac or Acidophilis that you could give him tomorrow morning in case his tummy is upset?

RI is upper respiratory infection, something that he will need antibiotics for if he has one. If you can't get him in to see a vet in the am, then a warm bath and some probiotics wouldn't be a bad idea.
no i dont have any probotics could i just buy them? and where could i get them, il give him a warm bath in morning and keep his viv extra dry and see how he is. im not gong ot get him to vet unti thurs i dont have the moeny i get paid thurs though.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
bmmst1":1f015 said:
diamc":1f015 said:

no i dont have any probotics could i just buy them? and where could i get them, il give him a warm bath in morning and keep his viv extra dry and see how he is. im not gong ot get him to vet unti thurs i dont have the moeny i get paid thurs though.

Probiotics vary but you could either get acidophilliz or benebac from the pet store or you could get SOY yogurt(no dairy) from the supermarket or even bee pollen from the health food store.Make sure to keep him warm and dont let his humidity in his tank go to high.What type of substrate are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom