green fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
ok i have two questions about these photos 1: i noticed the front on top of his head the scalesare green, is this anrmal color change or some kind of fungus? and 2: is the leash on right??

fungus?
0924081627b.jpg

or color change?
0924081627a.jpg

he made friends with mr.pig is the leash on right? i think it is.
0924081618c.jpg

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
I am sorry the pics dont clearly show me whats going on with his head so I cant really give an opinion.Anyway to get a better picture?As for the leash it seems a little big for him so just test to see if he can get out of it first but yes its on correctly.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I do not see any green fungus, even on your new picture. Perhaps it is just the lighting that is hitting that area. If he was outside, the UVB's from the sunlight can change the appearance of their coloring. :D
It looks like his normal scales to me.

Tracie

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I have to agree but just to be safe is there any lifting or oozing of the scales?Other then the coloration does anything about the scales look different?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Then I wouldnt worry about for the moment.If you do start to notice the scales looking abnormal,oozing or spreading then there may be some concern.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ok, thanks i just wanted to make sure this is m first beardie and i just wanna make sure hes ok.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looks like he is getting ready to shed. I agree that the leash looks a little big, make sure he can't wiggle out of it before you try to take him outside.

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Most likely he's just getting ready to shed, they can really look funky when they're shedding. And I don't think the leash looks too tight, does he act like it's uncomfortable?

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
no.he likes the leash. seems like he dosen't even notice it. which is good, thought he would have hated it! yeah but he usually dosent look like that when he sheds. its different. guess we'll just see

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well i thought i would let you all know he did a shed and hes turning green!!!! he shed everything except for half of his back so everythng is green except where he didn't shed and his red marks but it looks pretty with the red and green together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom