gravid? or just shedding?

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
So my beardie hasnt been eating for a couple of days, her temps are all normal and the same but shes glass surfing, knocking everything over in her terrarium, andd I come home to her and shes like this.. is the digging gravid im so confused but shes also shedding her stomach and feet so

Attachments

• 7A5C5F1F-47F8-497C-8F14-3382A116238E.jpeg
    7A5C5F1F-47F8-497C-8F14-3382A116238E.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 69
  • B2BB3ED2-BFA9-400D-B090-6DE335771FD8.jpeg
    B2BB3ED2-BFA9-400D-B090-6DE335771FD8.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 63

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So my beardie hasnt been eating for a couple of days, her temps are all normal and the same but shes glass surfing, knocking everything over in her terrarium, andd I come home to her and shes like this.. is the digging gravid im so confused but shes also shedding her stomach and feet so
Does she have a hide in the tank? How old is the dragon? Has she ever laid eggs before? Its possible she is gravid ---

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Does she have a hide in the tank? How old is the dragon? Has she ever laid eggs before? Its possible she is gravid ---
ai got her in november she mightve been like 2 months so shes around 9 months old, she does have a hide and shes never laid eggs before idk how this works lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ai got her in november she mightve been like 2 months so shes around 9 months old, she does have a hide and shes never laid eggs before idk how this works lol
Ok its possible she is gravid but lets go over your lighting----- surface basking temps are what and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are ambient only -- UVB ? is it a coil or a long tube fixture? Your dragons behavior is all related to these things I just asked ---

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Ok its possible she is gravid but lets go over your lighting----- surface basking temps are what and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are ambient only -- UVB ? is it a coil or a long tube fixture? Your dragons behavior is all related to these things I just asked ---
surface basking temps are 103 and i take them w a digital probe thermometer (zoo med) and the UVB is a long tube fixture w the reptisun t5 10.0 UVB and its 2ft shes in a 250 gallon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
surface basking temps are 103 and i take them w a digital probe thermometer (zoo med) and the UVB is a long tube fixture w the reptisun t5 10.0 UVB and its 2ft shes in a 250 gallon
So the UVB is in the tank ? 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- w/ that ruled out she may be gravid -- it sounds like it -- can you set up a laybox for her here is some info on that
LAYBOX
potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water. I would get this set up for her and see what she does in the meantime I am flagging to ahbd she is the best one to help here
@AHBD

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
So the UVB is in the tank ? 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- w/ that ruled out she may be gravid -- it sounds like it -- can you set up a laybox for her here is some info on that
LAYBOX
potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water. I would get this set up for her and see what she does in the meantime I am flagging to ahbd she is the best one to help here
@AHBD
yes and okay so put a lay box and maybe like a ramp for her to get in there?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom