Gravid.. for awhile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsmom

I adopted a 2 year old bearded dragon back in November and found out he was a she in January at the vet. The vet x-rayed her at the time and saw some developing eggs that had not been fully formed. I made her a dig box and ensured all of her lighting, feeding, and calcium was correct. It is now almost April and still no eggs have been laid? She is not interested in digging, but it also acting normal with no signs of lethargy and a full appetite. I have noticed her belly getting a little bigger with lumps I can now feel. Is it time for another vet appointment? I’m unsure since she has had no behavioral changes. She’s also never laid a clutch of eggs before. Thanks!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

It's possible your vet was just seeing follicles and no eggs were yet developing. I'm not sure. It's also possible that she reabsorbed the ones your vet saw, or was in the process of doing that when he saw it. Hard to say.

However, if you can now feel them she most likely is getting very close to laying. It's good she is still acting normal. I'd just keep a watch on her behavior. She should start getting restless when shes ready to lay. If she starts getting lethargic though, you might want to look into getting her checked out again.

Can you post a picture of her?

-Brandon

lincolnsmom

Original Poster
107237-6461867592.jpg
107237-8723580534.jpg
Claudiusx":20k8e041 said:
Hi there,

It's possible your vet was just seeing follicles and no eggs were yet developing. I'm not sure. It's also possible that she reabsorbed the ones your vet saw, or was in the process of doing that when he saw it. Hard to say.

However, if you can now feel them she most likely is getting very close to laying. It's good she is still acting normal. I'd just keep a watch on her behavior. She should start getting restless when shes ready to lay. If she starts getting lethargic though, you might want to look into getting her checked out again.

Can you post a picture of her?

-Brandon

107237-463533472.jpg

Here you go! I will make sure to look out for any lethargic behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom