AST 8 U/L
Cholesterol 80 mg/dL
Triglyceride 111 mg/dL
Creatine Kinase 24 U/L

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The overall blood test looks really good. The AST (liver enzymes) look normal & so do the
Uric acid (kidney readings) too. The Uric acid levels are in range but maybe it might be good
to have them down just slightly. By no means though is 5mg/dl indicative of gout. It could be
something as simple as dehydration or stress.
The Glucose is high though. That could be diet related perhaps, or trouble with the pancreas,
or potentially a niacin or other B vitamin deficiency causing imbalances. It is hard to know for
sure. Has the vet made any comments about anything on the blood work at all?
How is he doing today?

Tracie

EricaBee

Original Poster
She’s doing well! I can’t believe a week ago she couldn’t walk because she is zooming everywhere now!

As for what the vet said about her glucose, his first instinct was GNT but because she’s getting better and not worse, he’s unsure. So we are taking it day to day. I picked up some bee pollen and BSFL for a lower purine diet, just in case. She’s being treated for coccidia now, with a fecal follow up in a month after the treatment is done.

So we are just spoiling her rotten and hoping against hope it’s not GNT. She’s certainly acting totally fine and the only signs she had prior were lethargy and two days of not being hungry, but that was when her joints first started to swell. Now it’s as if none of that ever happened.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The GNT was a thought but since she was doing so well otherwise, I think that is might just be a fluke
& due to stress from coccidia, etc. I hope it isn't anything like that either. If she continues to improve I
would think those levels would start to drop soon.
Which medication is she on for treating coccidia right now?
So her joints are looking better now?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

EricaBee

Original Poster
Hello,

The GNT was a thought but since she was doing so well otherwise, I think that is might just be a fluke
& due to stress from coccidia, etc. I hope it isn't anything like that either. If she continues to improve I
would think those levels would start to drop soon.
Which medication is she on for treating coccidia right now?
So her joints are looking better now?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
She is on Ponazuril, two doses this week and then two doses in two weeks.

She is doing totally fine! We did stop dubias and moved to BSFL and have been adding bee pollen to her salads. She’s eating her greens just fine, as well as the BSFL.

Looks like the joint swelling has totally resolved as well. We replaced her UVB bulb shortly after we rescued her and that was installed less than a week before she recovered, although it was installed before her swelling began so I am not sure.

I am hoping for no GNT, it would be so heartbreaking to lose her after all of this :( there have been many sleepless nights worrying over her. The vet indicated we can do a glucose-only test in house (less expensive) so I can follow up in a month or so if I am concerned but with how well she’s doing we are just taking it day to day. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good to hear she is on the Ponazuril, because that is highly effective against coccidia
& isn't harsh. At least her appetite is good also. Hopefully the bee pollen will help out her
immune system & appetite, too.
That is positive her joint swelling has improved so much, hopefully it was simply related to
coccidia, etc but wont end up being anything related to the GNT. It is quite stressful worrying
about them. Maybe you can get some rest now, since she is recovering nicely?
You could definitely get the glucose tested again to be sure it has decreased. :)

Let us know how things are going.
Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom