Going potty.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Toothless poops everyday, usually twice a day. He has a pretty healthy diet. I feed him a few times a day, and he'll eat anywhere from 10 to 25 crickets a day, and he'll eat dubia roaches and is good about eating his kale. So, I'll mix up the amount of crickets and roaches so all together, probably about 20ish a day. (Of both combined)

It's usually pretty standard looking but today looked a little softer than usual, maybe a tad runny.? I don't know if he did it some time ago and it... melted.? He did it on his rock, right under his light and like I said, it could of been up to 30-45 minutes ago. He's still acting normal, running around and basking and ate about 10 crickets this morning, at about 10:30ish and several pieces of kale. He looks relatively alert, as usual. The only thing that's been different since we got him was I gave him some cuttlefish bones a few days ago. Supposedly, they'll eat it as they need to balance minerals in their body, but he only ate a few pieces and didn't show much interest so I took it out. But, that was a few days ago.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Are you rinsing his greens? And even the fact he eats them will hydrate him, post a pic but he is probably just well hydrsted.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I didn't take a picture of the poop, I got it up without even thinking. >.< he's still eating okay, though. This is a most recent photo of him.

Attachments

• 20220916_203449.jpg
    20220916_203449.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 51

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
He's saying "i dunno what this creature is but I'ma gonna rides it" lol
He's cute

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
He's saying "i dunno what this creature is but I'ma gonna rides it" lol
He's cute
Right. I plopped him on there and he tilted his head at me like, "mom. Why have you forsaken me?😂

I wanted to ask, he won't eat any fruits or veggies aside from Kale. He's pretty good about it, he really likes it and eats a good chunk throughout the day. Will that change as he gets older.?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
That's anyones guess, they are notoriously picky eaters. He may one day decide he likes everything, or just as likely decide he hates everything. They take great joys in confounding us hoomans lol

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
That's anyones guess, they are notoriously picky eaters. He may one day decide he likes everything, or just as likely decide he hates everything. They take great joys in confounding us hoomans lol
It appears that way. Lol.

Is there a way to maybe figure out what morph he may be.? We thought he may of just been a run of the mill, nothing special central but I noticed he has grey/blue marks on his back, which look cool when his colors are nice and bright.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
He looks like a normal in that pic, does his nails have black stripes? If they are all clear he would be a hypo, i can't tell in that pic.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
He looks like a normal in that pic, does his nails have black stripes? If they are all clear he would be a hypo, i can't tell in that pic.
They're that clear brownish color.? I'll post some better pictures

Attachments

• 20220919_192712.jpg
    20220919_192712.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220919_192648.jpg
    20220919_192648.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 49

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Ok they have the dark line on the nail so not a hypo. He is probably a normal, but you can't even start to guess what they will look like as an adult,based on what they look like as a baby. They can look wildly different.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Ok they have the dark line on the nail so not a hypo. He is probably a normal, but you can't even start to guess what they will look like as an adult,based on what they look like as a baby. They can look wildly different.
I thought their colors would be a bit different as they got older, but I wasn't sure.

What are the odds of him having vision problems.? I have to feed him with the tweezers, if I let the crickets loose, he'll just stare at them. Even as they crawl across his foot, or even if I hold it right in front of him, it's like he doesn't see them or something and it's frustrating because I don't want him to lose weight because he's not eating enough. We just weighed him and he weighs about 35 grams and is about 8inches long, tail included.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Two of mine act like that, the other one just grabs finger and all to make sure she gets it lol.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom