Going out of town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am looking for some advice about how to take care of a dragon when going out of town. I have pet sitter who has taken care of bearded dragons. This work trip is only 2 days, but I (hopefully) will go out of town for longer at some point. I’m just looking for tips and advice for what others do when they go out of town just so I make sure to tell the pet sitter everything I need to. Thanks!

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
If they have taken care of bearded dragons before and are comfortable with them, I wouldn't think much more than feeding and supplement schedule and light schedule if they are not on a timer. Maybe any quirky behaviors that might surprise the sitter if not prepared for it. My guy runs back and forth tapping on the doors when he wants to come out, and then likes to leap down to the carpet if you let him. I would make sure my pet sitter knew that was his signal that he wanted to come out and that if you put your hand out in front of him and about halfway between him and the ground, he will climb on and use it like a stepping stool so he isn't jumping so far.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,
Just be sure they have a contact number for you in case they have questions. As long as you have all of the foods, supplements, etc he should be just fine.
I'm sure he will miss you though!

Tracie

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
And always make sure they have the vet info, in case there's an emergency that can't wait until you're home!

My mom is completely uneducated about lizards, but I think she took better care of Thor than I sometimes do! This little chunk gained 90 grams in the three months I was gone! I'm gonna reweigh him tomorrow, in case I did it wrong, but he went from 486g to 576g.

Attachments

• 20220401_192041.jpg
    20220401_192041.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom