Glass tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsickle18

Juvie Member
I have recently acquired some absolutely beautiful hand painted tiles. They are glass which is painted on one side and then coated on that same side to lock in all the paint, so they are perfectly safe.

The thing I am wondering is if I can use them in Kenny's enclosure. Like I said, they are glass tiles. They have no texture. I don't want the tiles to get to hot and burn Kenny. Has anyone used glass tiles here? Perhaps I can just put tile on half the cage on the side without the basking light. Thoughts anyone?

Thank you!!! :D

joea

Hatchling Member
Sounds nice, pix? :D It shoudn't get too hot, but you can make that determination when you install the tiles. You'd could incorporate sand mat in the other side, to wear down Kenny's claws.

Natural desert look
Safe & Hygienic substrate
Easy to place, remove and clean
Ideal as quarantine substrate

The Exo Terra Sand Mat has a natural desert appearance and can be applied as a safe & hygienic substrate substitute for your reptiles. The Sand Mat allows you to create a desert-like environment with a minimum of bacterial build up. Unlike loose sand or soil, the Sand Mat cannot be accidentally ingested. The texture of the Sand Mat enables your reptile to have a firm grip on the substrate, increasing your reptile’s sense of safety and comfort.(It's for the beardies!) :mrgreen: Sturdy, hygienic and easily removable, the Exo Terra Sand Mat is easy to use and can be cut to fit any terrarium size. Simply rinse clean when soiled or replace as necessary
http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/sand_mat.php

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you joea for the response! Here are some pictures. I just placed them on top of the sand for right now to see if he likes them. It turns that they do not get too hot after all. I wanted to put something underneath of his water and food dish so he couldn't get sand in his food. Kenny seems to be liking the new tiles! :D

28widk3.jpg

Here is the whole tank!

2hxrtqx.jpg

Here is an above view.

2ikcoax.jpg

Here is a close up. They are so pretty! :)

2e2p5ky.jpg

Here is Kenny already enjoying his new tiles.

joea

Hatchling Member
Wow! Those are real classy looking. Lucky Kenny! He's a very handsome beardie too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom