Glass surfing

my bearded has been glass surfing so much lately and I’m not sure why he would be. He woke up from brumation about a week ago and since then he glass surfs throughout the day wanting to get out of his tank. His temperatures are 102 on his basking rock, he has a reptisun 10.0 T5 uvb light. His cool side of the tank is 83. I’m measuring those with a temperature gun. He’s in a 40 gallon tank which is 3 feet by 2 feet long and 2 feet high. He has a hide to go in and a salad and water if he wants but he hasn’t been eating them. His beard is not black and no stress marks so I’m not sure if he just gets bored and wants to come out?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
my bearded has been glass surfing so much lately and I’m not sure why he would be. He woke up from brumation about a week ago and since then he glass surfs throughout the day wanting to get out of his tank. His temperatures are 102 on his basking rock, he has a reptisun 10.0 T5 uvb light. His cool side of the tank is 83. I’m measuring those with a temperature gun. He’s in a 40 gallon tank which is 3 feet by 2 feet long and 2 feet high. He has a hide to go in and a salad and water if he wants but he hasn’t been eating them. His beard is not black and no stress marks so I’m not sure if he just gets bored and wants to come out?
Spring fever is my guess - I would let him out for about 2 hrs if you can see if that curbs the glass surfing- where is your uvb in the tank or top of screen? Is the screen wide holed or a fine mesh

Avery lloyd

Original Poster
Okay I will do that is it okay to have him out that long each day? And it’s a 22 inch bulb that covers a little bit over half of the tank. It sits on top of a wide hold screen (they’re not that wide but it’s not a mesh) I got the okay on this website twice for the uvb so I don’t think that’s what’s wrong I’ll try letting him out

Avery lloyd

Original Poster
Spring fever is my guess - I would let him out for about 2 hrs if you can see if that curbs the glass surfing- where is your uvb in the tank or top of screen? Is the screen wide holed or a fine mesh
Okay I will try that, is it okay to let him out that long each day? And it’s a 22 inch long bulb that covers a bit more than half of his tank. It sits on top of a screen with small holes in it. I got the okay from this group a few times for the UVB so I don’t think that’s the problem

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay I will try that, is it okay to let him out that long each day? And it’s a 22 inch long bulb that covers a bit more than half of his tank. It sits on top of a screen with small holes in it. I got the okay from this group a few times for the UVB so I don’t think that’s the problem
How small of holes? And yes two hrs I wouldn't go any longer w/ out him warming up-

Avery lloyd

Original Poster

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 73

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yep your good on top please put a piece of basking decor directly underneath the uvb 8-10 inches - I would say get him out 2 hrs tops watch his behavior after putting him in the tank

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom